Possible running back transfer to Dobyns-Bennett

WaCoJaCo

After Virginia decided to move their high school football season to the spring and reduce the number of games to 6 and possibly no playoffs, Trenton Adkins of Ridgeview is strongly considering a transfer. He has named two schools as targets. Dobyns Bennett and Pikeville in Kentucky. Adkins has rushed for just over 6,000 yrds.  and 86 touchdowns in three seasons including 2,863 yrds. and 47 touchdowns last year. He has offers from Tennessee, Florida, Penn State, North and South Carolina, Virginia and Virginia Tech to name a few. Dobyns Bennett is already stacked at running back with two very good starters from last year returning. So that fact might persuade Adkins to choose Pikeville. But maybe not.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I think I commented on this on a different thread, but in any case I'm wondering why he would be thinking DB instead of Elizabethton?    The Cyclones have a very good chance of winning 4A again this year, and with a guy like that on the team the probability goes off the charts.

I don't know the young man but as I said on the other thread, I'm guessing it has to be a deal that be maybe has family in Kingsport or in that area of Kentucky.A little different then college ball where he will soon pick any part of the nation he wants to play at the next level. 

37 minutes ago, Coach423T said:

One of his Family members lives in KPT and Pikeville is only like 30 at most 45 to Pikeville from Clintwood. If I'm him tho I'd hitch hike if I had to to Elizabethton lol. He would get a Ring and probably be in high contention for Mr Football.

He might get a ring at DB.It's not a given that Elizabethton would even get out of NET in the playoffs.:thumb:

44 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

He might get a ring at DB.It's not a given that Elizabethton would even get out of NET in the playoffs.:thumb:

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I think I commented on this on a different thread, but in any case I'm wondering why he would be thinking DB instead of Elizabethton?    The Cyclones have a very good chance of winning 4A again this year, and with a guy like that on the team the probability goes off the charts.

Maybe it's family living in Kingsport, maybe he has friend's at DB ?  It really doesn't matter because it's his decision not ours. I suppose he could choose Pikeville or even stay at Ridgeview. I know he didn't name Elizabethton as somewhere he was interested in so it's a mute point. If he's interested in a "ring" he'd transfer to Maryville. Although Elizabethton has a fine program lets not forget it took a transfer from DB to put them over the top. 

20 minutes ago, JMorton said:

Are you telling me that DB can beat Maryville??? They can’t even beat Science Hill. Which Elizabethton has done twice in a row. 

Ha,ha.You can't take everything on coacht as a serious post.For instance...Stars,the most well liked Maryville fan possibly on coacht has already said Maryville might finish at the bottom of their conference.So,I will run with that and say Maryville isn't a problem this year for DB.Now ,in all seriousness, Elizabethton has beaten Science Hill in the past and have a great team coming back,true.Maryville has beaten" everyone" in the past and always has a great team.The thing is everyone knows it takes a great game to beat Maryville and only a very few programs have done it in the last couple of decades .So yes it can be done and yes DB will have to be better then it has been  to do it .Elizabethton has a fine program but there is another program right down the road that no Betsy fan or coach is going to overlook.So,it's a very real possibility of Elizabethton not even getting halfway to Knoxville in the playoffs,much less back to the title game.