Possible running back transfer to Dobyns-Bennett

WaCoJaCo

28 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB does not have a hard schedule this year.   Based on last season, I wouldn't exactly call this a strong region, only 1 team finished > .500:

Farragut (6-6)
Bearden (5-7)
Science Hill (4-7)
Hardin Valley (4-6)
Jefferson County (3-7)
Morristown West (1-9)

DB's out of region games:

Tennessee High (9-2) had a great team but still lost to DB last year by 3 TD's.
Boone (7-5) lost to DB by 100 last year.
Oak Ridge (6-6) lost to DB by 35 last year.
But then there is that little itty-bitty 3A Blount County school (646 students) on the last game of the season that might be a problem.

DB should easily be 9-1 this year.

I wouldn't judge any of those teams by last years record. I did that last year with DB and ended up looking foolish. And every one of Alcoa's 646 students is a football player. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

14 minutes ago, lawnman said:

blazer how does little dB look this year.

Like most years we will win the games we are supposed to win and lose the games we are supposed to lose.      We will be 0-3 from the very start with embarrassing losses to Greeneville, Elizabethton and DB, although I look at those types of games as glorified scrimmages where you can try different things and get prepared for region games.    If we have things go our way and a little luck could win the rest and finish 7-3.      Our toughest winnable games will be Crockett and Tenn High.     Probably realistic is 6-4.

Wether they get the RB or not, DB will be very good this year. Taking from what everyone is saying ab their schedule Boone, Oak Ridge and Alcoa will be their toughest games. When it comes to Boone, beware because they are gonna be a quiet giant in NET this year if they stay healthy and my pick to win their region. I say they give DB a game for a half and then DB pulls away. Oak Ridge will be much improved and definitely a contender in 5A. Return most of their team on both sides and their young RB who’s a stud. To me that’s kinda a toss up game with OR vs DB right now, could go either way. No disrespect, but as good as DB is/gonna be they aren’t beating Alcoa. The Tornadoes are IMO the most loaded team this side of Nashville and will easily win State in 3A. Yeah they lost their QB to transfer, but I didn’t think he was even their best QB last year. To sum it all up, I say DB goes 8-2/9-1 which definitely shows improvement from where they’ve been recently.

20 minutes ago, JMorton said:

We love those wrestlers at Betsy. 

I could see kids from across the state line going to Elizabethton to wrestle if something happens in NC. They put 7 in the finals 5 won it last year.2 seniors won it 5 underclassman 3 of them won state. They were missing one kid that won it as a freshman with injury.

Edited by Appvol

43 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Wether they get the RB or not, DB will be very good this year. Taking from what everyone is saying ab their schedule Boone, Oak Ridge and Alcoa will be their toughest games. When it comes to Boone, beware because they are gonna be a quiet giant in NET this year if they stay healthy and my pick to win their region. I say they give DB a game for a half and then DB pulls away. Oak Ridge will be much improved and definitely a contender in 5A. Return most of their team on both sides and their young RB who’s a stud. To me that’s kinda a toss up game with OR vs DB right now, could go either way. No disrespect, but as good as DB is/gonna be they aren’t beating Alcoa. The Tornadoes are IMO the most loaded team this side of Nashville and will easily win State in 3A. Yeah they lost their QB to transfer, but I didn’t think he was even their best QB last year. To sum it all up, I say DB goes 8-2/9-1 which definitely shows improvement from where they’ve been recently.

The young stud RB at Oak Ridge is JR. Kendall Jackson. Has been offered by UT. Arizona State, the University of Cincinnati and a few others. Kendall has been grinding in the weight room and is a mix of speed and strength.

14 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The young stud RB at Oak Ridge is JR. Kendall Jackson. Has been offered by UT. Arizona State, the University of Cincinnati and a few others. Kendall has been grinding in the weight room and is a mix of speed and strength.

Forsure Willie I know all about him, great player. Oak Ridge will be a great team and could compete for a chance at state.....if the coaches don’t mess it up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Appvol said:

Hey Lawnman I was told by somebody that if NC doesn’t have football that a stud wrestler and he also a really good DL might would go to Elizabethton.

I’ve not heard anything about that but if that’s what he chooses to do we love our wrestlers.He would fit in good with our stud middle linebacker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Like most years we will win the games we are supposed to win and lose the games we are supposed to lose.      We will be 0-3 from the very start with embarrassing losses to Greeneville, Elizabethton and DB, although I look at those types of games as glorified scrimmages where you can try different things and get prepared for region games.    If we have things go our way and a little luck could win the rest and finish 7-3.      Our toughest winnable games will be Crockett and Tenn High.     Probably realistic is 6-4.

You guys played Betsy tough last year because we were ready for the run game but when your RB went down your coaches had a good game plan against Betsy.

I hate to even say this but most likely we won't even see the first game. The China Virus will shut it all down. Just like in MLB first 10 or 15 players from one team test positive then another team then another and everybody freaks out and the TSSAA cancels the season before the first game is even played. Mask don't work. The more people wear mask the more cases we see. Now they tell us we should wear plastic face shields or googles. So where was that one 4 months ago? These "scientist" are lost on this virus and they don't have a clue. Or it's all by design. It could be 3 to 5 years before we see any high school sports. Or the virus might disappear right after the election. Who knows.

• Like 1