Possible running back transfer to Dobyns-Bennett

WaCoJaCo

9 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

Ha,ha.You can't take everything on coacht as a serious post.For instance...Stars,the most well liked Maryville fan possibly on coacht has already said Maryville might finish at the bottom of their conference.So,I will run with that and say Maryville isn't a problem this year for DB.Now ,in all seriousness, Elizabethton has beaten Science Hill in the past and have a great team coming back,true.Maryville has beaten" everyone" in the past and always has a great team.The thing is everyone knows it takes a great game to beat Maryville and only a very few programs have done it in the last couple of decades .So yes it can be done and yes DB will have to be better then it has been  to do it .Elizabethton has a fine program but there is another program right down the road that no Betsy fan or coach is going to overlook.So,it's a very real possibility of Elizabethton not even getting halfway to Knoxville in the playoffs,much less back to the title game.

Batman it want be easy but I like our chances beating the Devils better than DB beating Maryville...lol

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

Batman it want be easy but I like our chances beating the Devils better than DB beating Maryville...lol

First thing is  if we even have a full season but yes I agree if I were to place odds and bet on those two games, Elizabethton would be atleast even  going in against the Devils and Maryville right now would probably be atleast a two touchdown favorite on every team in east Tennessee.

1 hour ago, JMorton said:

Are you telling me that DB can beat Maryville??? They can’t even beat Science Hill. Which Elizabethton has done twice in a row. 

With most High School football teams things change every year. With the exception of Maryville at the top end and maybe someone like Sullivan Central or Volunteer at the bottom end. But if you want to talk about the past I'm not going to look it up but in the past 25 years DB has about 20 wins over Science Hill. To say they "can't even beat Science Hill" is pretty silly. Elizabethton has two wins in a row over Science Hill thats true but how many did they lose in a row before last year? DB has had a rough go in the past 5 years but last year should tell you their on their way back. 

5 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

First thing is  if we even have a full season but yes I agree if I were to place odds and bet on those two games, Elizabethton would be atleast even  going in against the Devils and Maryville right now would probably be atleast a two touchdown favorite on every team in east Tennessee.

I will admit if DB gets that RB there offense will definitely be better this year.

7 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I will admit if DB gets that RB there offense will definitely be better this year.

No doubt getting an extra D1 player would help any team unless there was a chemistry problem or they are poorly coached.I remember Bearden having a player that was a game changer on special teams alone as well a threat on any play.This young man looks like a bigger version of Devrin,I don't know if he is as fast but he is special for sure.

9 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Going to be better with or without "that RB" The entire backfield is returning. Whitson a duel threat Quarterback was best in conference last year. And the best duel running backs in the conference with Armitage and Tesnear, choose your poison. I think DB has a good chance to go undefeated in regular season. If Adkins ends up at DB it could give Armitage more time at Linebacker. He just happens to be a very good linebacker also.

45 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

With most High School football teams things change every year. With the exception of Maryville at the top end and maybe someone like Sullivan Central or Volunteer at the bottom end. But if you want to talk about the past I'm not going to look it up but in the past 25 years DB has about 20 wins over Science Hill. To say they "can't even beat Science Hill" is pretty silly. Elizabethton has two wins in a row over Science Hill thats true but how many did they lose in a row before last year? DB has had a rough go in the past 5 years but last year should tell you their on their way back. 

I didn’t think we were having a historical conversation. But there are a lot of kids returning to DB that took that L from Science Hill last season the same as there are a lot of kids returning to Elizabethton that handed that L to Science Hill. Every dog has its day though. Little to no one expected Elizabethton to beat Greeneville once much less twice last season. The same as little to no one expects DB to beat Maryville this season. But it can be done. I’m a Betsy fan but I like to see all the NETN teams do well. Especially the way that NETN football is looked down upon by other areas of the state. 

8 minutes ago, JMorton said:

I didn’t think we were having a historical conversation. But there are a lot of kids returning to DB that took that L from Science Hill last season the same as there are a lot of kids returning to Elizabethton that handed that L to Science Hill. Every dog has its day though. Little to no one expected Elizabethton to beat Greeneville once much less twice last season. The same as little to no one expects DB to beat Maryville this season. But it can be done. I’m a Betsy fan but I like to see all the NETN teams do well. Especially the way that NETN football is looked down upon by other areas of the state. 

Well last year is history isn't it?  Anyway I'm with you on pulling for NETN teams. I do like Maryville over every team except DB though. I really like the way they do things and how they handle being champions. I was a Betsy fan last year and pulled for them in every game. Especially against Science Hill and Greeneville. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Going to be better with or without "that RB" The entire backfield is returning. Whitson a duel threat Quarterback was best in conference last year. And the best duel running backs in the conference with Armitage and Tesnear, choose your poison. I think DB has a good chance to go undefeated in regular season. If Adkins ends up at DB it could give Armitage more time at Linebacker. He just happens to be a very good linebacker also.

DB definitely improved last year and I will be pulling for them this year to go undefeated and beat SH.

DB does not have a hard schedule this year.   Based on last season, I wouldn't exactly call this a strong region, only 1 team finished > .500:

Farragut (6-6)
Bearden (5-7)
Science Hill (4-7)
Hardin Valley (4-6)
Jefferson County (3-7)
Morristown West (1-9)

DB's out of region games:

Tennessee High (9-2) had a great team but still lost to DB last year by 3 TD's.
Boone (7-5) lost to DB by 100 last year.
Oak Ridge (6-6) lost to DB by 35 last year.
But then there is that little itty-bitty 3A Blount County school (646 students) on the last game of the season that might be a problem.

DB should easily be 9-1 this year.

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB does not have a hard schedule this year.   Based on last season, I wouldn't exactly call this a strong region, only 1 team finished > .500:

Farragut (6-6)
Bearden (5-7)
Science Hill (4-7)
Hardin Valley (4-6)
Jefferson County (3-7)
Morristown West (1-9)

DB's out of region games:

Tennessee High (9-2) had a great team but still lost to DB last year by 3 TD's.
Boone (7-5) lost to DB by 100 last year.
Oak Ridge (6-6) lost to DB by 35 last year.
But then there is that little itty-bitty 3A Blount County school (646 students) on the last game of the season that might be a problem.

DB should easily be 9-1 this year.

blazer how does little dB look this year.