Possible running back transfer to Dobyns-Bennett

WaCoJaCo

36 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

Its stupid....I've had my season tickets for over 25 yrs. Might not mean anything to anyone but me but it's not fair to force me to give my seat up after all this time without some recourse. Cause we all know that the majority of the time, after little johnny is gone and little susie isnt in the band anymore, they dont come to the games. I know it sounds selfish, but its the way I feel. I just hope the school doesn't go that route. You'll piss off a lot of people who over the years have built you that fieldhouse, and that turf in the stadium and that parking lot the band has and the list goes on and one and one.

Say Mr Pals, we appreciate you giving us that $75,000+ titantron over there but beings you don't have kids in the band or playing football, you can't buy your season tickets you've had for 50+ years. Yeah, that'll go over well

Just because Elizabethton did this doesn't mean DB will do it, and besides DB has a way bigger stadium, so I would think you could let non-parents in to some degree.        Elizabethton is selling season tickets only, so that means nobody on the visitor side from the opposing team.     If DB did that then the visitor side seating is also open to DB fans.    You never know how it will play out but you may be okay.......

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

9 minutes to be exact.

It is what it is in Kingsport.It made me try and add up all the season tickets I had bought over the  years but couldn't do it because some years I've just had one ticket and for several I had a big section to myself.Yep,I've donated money and  my time like many hundreds of Kingsport folks.Even when my little Johnny's were not at DB.Fun to see the little brick every now and then that helped build the weight room.I wish I were in position to add a titantron the size they have in Dallas.I'd put it above the little visitors seats to block the sun.All that said,if DB were playing my old school this year and it's me or a DB football player grandparent who gets in.Well that's just tough for that old man.Best thing he can do is get out the lawn chair and sit in the woods.

Edited by BatmanLives

7 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

It is what it is in Kingsport.It made me try and add up all the season tickets I had bought over the  years but couldn't do it because some years I've just had one ticket and for several I had a big section to myself.Yep,I've donated money and  my time like many hundreds of Kingsport folks.Even when my little Johnny's were not at DB.Fun to see the little brick every now and then that helped build the weight room.I wish I were in position to add a titantron the size they have in Dallas.I'd put it above the little visitors seats to block the sun.All that said,if DB were playing my old school this year and it's me or a DB football player grandparent who gets in.Well that's just tough for that old man.Best thing he can do is get out the lawn chair and sit in the woods.

Yes the last part was a joke and I'm not that callous. I 100% would take care of the grandparent and listen on the radio . One year I gave atleast four of my tickets at every game to families standing in line as we went into J Fred.

23 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

9 minutes to be exact.

13 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

Yes the last part was a joke and I'm not that callous. I 100% would take care of the grandparent and listen on the radio . One year I gave atleast four of my tickets at every game to families standing in line as we went into J Fred.

How come db and gate city really never locked horns in football. From the 70's throughout 00's probably around 2010 there would have many classic, massive paydays for both programs and some of them games if you wasn't there by 6 you wouldn't get a seat. That rivalry could have been on par with db vs south, db would have a decisive win edge against gate city but some of those years gate city could have held their own, then the series needed to end around 2010 or so because gate city today is a shell of themselves.

45 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

How come db and gate city really never locked horns in football. From the 70's throughout 00's probably around 2010 there would have many classic, massive paydays for both programs and some of them games if you wasn't there by 6 you wouldn't get a seat. That rivalry could have been on par with db vs south, db would have a decisive win edge against gate city but some of those years gate city could have held their own, then the series needed to end around 2010 or so because gate city today is a shell of themselves.

They played twice in the 70's. DB winning one and GC winning one. That's when GC had the Roger's brothers, Stanley and Phillip, as well as a few other Div. 1 players. I think Gate City won the state championship that year. If I remember correctly they won that state championship game something like 76-13. That's how good they were. Head coach Harry Fry did things much like Maryville does today. He had control of the little leagues and had good coaches running those teams. They ran the same plays from little league to high school and they didn't make mistakes. But apart from those two teams and maybe a couple more I don't think GC could of beaten DB. They just have to many players going both ways. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

...... But apart from those two teams and maybe a couple more I don't think GC could of beaten DB. They just have to many players going both ways. 

That is the problem with a lot of the smaller schools playing the top 10 schools like DB, the Hill, etc., too many guys playing both ways.    I have never see Alcoa play but I'm wondering if they have a separate offense and defense?    If so then it proves the smaller schools can do it too....

• Like 1

I agree that unless it's just one of those super Gate City teams, it's not going to be a very fair fight most years.DB has dominated this area of Tennessee  a majority of years over the last century.As they and SH should because of pure numbers and support.There is not to many Acloa's who field a great 6A Quality team but are closer to the size of DB's band.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That is the problem with a lot of the smaller schools playing the top 10 schools like DB, the Hill, etc., too many guys playing both ways.    I have never see Alcoa play but I'm wondering if they have a separate offense and defense?    If so then it proves the smaller schools can do it too....

I wrote my last response at the same time.Im sure one of my old Alcoa friends will answer your question when they see it.My answer is this.They have such good athletes that if they wanted to just play 11 or most of their bench,they are still better than anyone close their size

On 8/1/2020 at 10:22 AM, BatmanLives said:

He might get a ring at DB.It's not a given that Elizabethton would even get out of NET in the playoffs.:thumb:

I will say as a strong Betsy follower that the 2020 team isn't quite as good as the state title 2019 squad, They're still very good but I'm not sure they're state title good enough this season.

Anderson County & Greeneville both might be better football teams in 2020. You won't ever be able to count out the Cyclones though with Bryce Rollins @ QB who can throw & run the ball really really well.

Edited by tonybologna

3 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I will say as a strong Betsy follower that the 2020 team isn't quite as good as the state title 2019 squad, They're still very good but I'm not sure they're state title good enough this season.

Anderson County & Greeneville both might be better football teams in 2020. You won't ever be able to count out the Cyclones though with Bryce Rollins @ QB who can throw & run the ball really really well.

The sad part this year is we may not know who was really the best when it's all said and done.My original statement however was really just saying that DB or anyone at this point has a chance and no team is guaranteed a championship . Before this gosh aweful covid and if everything would have been more normal,I put Elizabethton as the team to beat in 4A because they earned it last year.All this doesn't mean that another team couldn't knock Betsy, Greeneville and AC right out of the way and move on in the playoffs.In 2016 , everyone thought Knox Catholic, Fulton or Greeneville would win it all.None of them got out of east Tennessee and a West Tennessee team beat Knox central in the final.

• Upvote 1