Will season be completed?

ecu

The next 2 weeks will tell the tale. If there is an increase with cases with schools starting back then it will all be shut done. I dont Think it should but everyone is being Chicken Little and the sky is falling. I am A person in high risk with numerous underlining health issues and I am Not as scared as all these people. God knows my time. I take Precautions but I move Through life. I really Hope people will pump the breaks on this issue and let the kids play ball. 

• Like 3

If the TSSAA were to follow their original plan and start the season on September 18, then I would say yes that we could potentially finish a season. Saying that, I believe that playing games in August, is a huge mistake. Everyone wants instant reaction. I guarantee you that teams would be playing tomorrow if they could. I know that Shelby and Davidson Counties are coming out and say no football until September, but there are going to be tons of school districts that will rush and potentially screw things up. That's my worst fear. In addition, the players aren't ready either, they just aren't.

I know the Milan and Peabody game has a lot at stake, especially if the current status of what's going on at both programs. But both of schools are a "football first" school and will play that game. I can't think of anything to persuade both programs to not play.

Personally, we should be going with the college route and play a "shorter season" (7-8 games). But, people are apparently starving so much for football that they're going to play and potentially screw this up.

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If the TSSAA were to follow their original plan and start the season on September 18, then I would say yes that we could potentially finish a season. Saying that, I believe that playing games in August, is a huge mistake. Everyone wants instant reaction. I guarantee you that teams would be playing tomorrow if they could. I know that Shelby and Davidson Counties are coming out and say no football until September, but there are going to be tons of school districts that will rush and potentially screw things up. That's my worst fear. In addition, the players aren't ready either, they just aren't.

I know the Milan and Peabody game has a lot at stake, especially if the current status of what's going on at both programs. But both of schools are a "football first" school and will play that game. I can't think of anything to persuade both programs to not play.

Personally, we should be going with the college route and play a "shorter season" (7-8 games). But, people are apparently starving so much for football that they're going to play and potentially screw this up.

I have know idea what players your talking about but if you drive down hwy 72 just before the AL. Line you will 69 players who are absolutely ready.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In addition, the players aren't ready either, they just aren't.

That’s not a valid argument. Three weeks of contact is plenty. Used to be that way for years. You ain’t gotta beat them to death for a month for kids to be ready physically. Only difference will be the first game or so may be a little sloppier from a technique and schematic standpoint.