Carter County football shut down for 2 weeks

Tab

Funny how one program decides to take two weeks off to be proactive against the "virus"...then their school board member shows up to make a motion that ALL Carter Co programs take two weeks off. I was informed that the strange thing is, he hadn't been to any recent board meetings....But when I heard one program was taking 2 weeks off to be proactive, I KNEW there was NO way they'd set back while all others practiced.

Now, if my sources are wrong and I am incorrect in any way, please correct me.

I Hope the paper records how each member voted. 

To the best of my memory, I think tax payers still own these schools and pay the salaries of ones that work for them. Stand or cowar. I'll stand with the doctors of the American Academy of Pediatrics that says OPEN SCHOOLS NOW and play ball! 

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Funny how one program decides to take two weeks off to be proactive against the "virus"...then their school board member shows up to make a motion that ALL Carter Co programs take two weeks off. I was informed that the strange thing is, he hadn't been to any recent board meetings....But when I heard one program was taking 2 weeks off to be proactive, I KNEW there was NO way they'd set back while all others practiced.

Now, if my sources are wrong and I am incorrect in any way, please correct me.

I Hope the paper records how each member voted. 

To the best of my memory, I think tax payers still own these schools and pay the salaries of ones that work for them. Stand or cowar. I'll stand with the doctors of the American Academy of Pediatrics that says OPEN SCHOOLS NOW and play ball! 

You are correct from top to bottom. A lot of these young men need sports and school more than school and sports need them. I'm getting just a little sick of this WHOLE MESS.

• Like 1

So I am a little frustrated although I understand the positions of both sides.... if at this point a position really matters On the topic of Teen activities like High School Athletics and other school year activities. These are something that a lot of teens look forward to every year. Right now the school year and Football season is fast approaching......or it was. I understand that folks are worried about their child being exposed to Covid or bringing it home to a family member....as am I, but unless we lock our teens up, which I don't think folks are, I don't see how School Activities are going to be any more dangerous than them hanging out together, going to the Mall or Walmart etc. would be. I also know that most kids want to be in social situations and I know folks in charge may think they are saving their physical health but it may be at the cost of their mental health? I am pretty sure as we have seen the spread of Covid that if you are out and about you are probably going to be exposed at some point....It may come down to pure old luck. I don't know that destroying the mental health of our children by keeping them from being able to enjoy themselves and forfeiting their childhood doing something they love to finding other means of entertainment which may not be so innocent is the answer. I admit I am not sure what that answer is but I know kids are becoming depressed and rightfully so. For some of these kids this is their Senior year of these type activities. We just had one group of Seniors that were denied that opportunity this past year....and that was so unfortunate. Is continuing with this strategy really the right move to protect our children inside and out? Their are several studies linking the Covid Pandemic with increased suicides and the number of children thinking about suicide, if that number wasnt already high enough, Suicide is the second leading cause of death in teens before Covid. I think maybe it should be left up to the family of the child to let them participate or not in these activities.....their already not getting to go to class. I feel If they have an adult willing to coach/organize etc. then I think it should be up to the family to make that decision for their child based on their family's situation and the needs of their child. I think we all signed participation waivers. If you are worried then dont let them participate but I would weigh the risk. Their has got to be a better solution than this.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

So I am a little frustrated although I understand the positions of both sides.... if at this point a position really matters On the topic of Teen activities like High School Athletics and other school year activities. These are something that a lot of teens look forward to every year. Right now the school year and Football season is fast approaching......or it was. I understand that folks are worried about their child being exposed to Covid or bringing it home to a family member....as am I, but unless we lock our teens up, which I don't think folks are, I don't see how School Activities are going to be any more dangerous than them hanging out together, going to the Mall or Walmart etc. would be. I also know that most kids want to be in social situations and I know folks in charge may think they are saving their physical health but it may be at the cost of their mental health? I am pretty sure as we have seen the spread of Covid that if you are out and about you are probably going to be exposed at some point....It may come down to pure old luck. I don't know that destroying the mental health of our children by keeping them from being able to enjoy themselves and forfeiting their childhood doing something they love to finding other means of entertainment which may not be so innocent is the answer. I admit I am not sure what that answer is but I know kids are becoming depressed and rightfully so. For some of these kids this is their Senior year of these type activities. We just had one group of Seniors that were denied that opportunity this past year....and that was so unfortunate. Is continuing with this strategy really the right move to protect our children inside and out? Their are several studies linking the Covid Pandemic with increased suicides and the number of children thinking about suicide, if that number wasnt already high enough, Suicide is the second leading cause of death in teens before Covid. I think maybe it should be left up to the family of the child to let them participate or not in these activities.....their already not getting to go to class. I feel If they have an adult willing to coach/organize etc. then I think it should be up to the family to make that decision for their child based on their family's situation and the needs of their child. I think we all signed participation waivers. If you are worried then dont let them participate but I would weigh the risk. Their has got to be a better solution than this.

Its a proven fact that covid AIN'T what they've made it out to be. Proven fact that the young dont have concern as is the case with 99% of people. (Unless there are existing health conditions). Proven its not any more dangerous than the seasonal flu. This is a power grab and communism in full force. If it wasn't, they would've shut down the ANTIFA and BLM protests and rioting in all these liberal ran states. These are facts that can't be argued.

600,000 reported positive test results  on people that weren't sick and NEVER TOOK THE VIRUS TEST! Read about a man that died in a motorcycle wreck a couple weeks ago....His cause of death listed as COVID19! Communism in full force. 

And I say, YEA! Let the people decide. We usually produce much better results! 

13 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Its a proven fact that covid AIN'T what they've made it out to be. Proven fact that the young dont have concern as is the case with 99% of people. (Unless there are existing health conditions). Proven its not any more dangerous than the seasonal flu. This is a power grab and communism in full force. If it wasn't, they would've shut down the ANTIFA and BLM protests and rioting in all these liberal ran states. These are facts that can't be argued.

600,000 reported positive test results  on people that weren't sick and NEVER TOOK THE VIRUS TEST! Read about a man that died in a motorcycle wreck a couple weeks ago....His cause of death listed as COVID19! Communism in full force. 

And I say, YEA! Let the people decide. We usually produce much better results! 

Shame ,we the people have 000000000000000000000000000000 say so. Obvious were to ignorant to make decisions. I'm not all that big on others doing my thinking. I'll reserve that right.

johnson county has already been shut down going on 2 weeks.  it just made the press today. it will be 2 weeks tues.   its just now hitting johnson county.  but only 1 or 2 real bad cases.  everyone else has a head cold & a few body aches.   if parents are scared dont let your son play just opt out.   alot of people get tested just to miss 2 weeks of work and are having a vacation.  hospitals are making good money on this as well the test are not free.  our country is so divided on everything right  now.  you can be 100 % right on anything and someone will say your 100% wrong.

4 minutes ago, RLS26 said:

johnson county has already been shut down going on 2 weeks.  it just made the press today. it will be 2 weeks tues.   its just now hitting johnson county.  but only 1 or 2 real bad cases.  everyone else has a head cold & a few body aches.   if parents are scared dont let your son play just opt out.   alot of people get tested just to miss 2 weeks of work and are having a vacation.  hospitals are making good money on this as well the test are not free.  our country is so divided on everything right  now.  you can be 100 % right on anything and someone will say your 100% wrong.

Divided States of America, this is being done deliberately.

1 minute ago, RLS26 said:

You're correct. 

And its called communism.  Its well and alive in every liberal run city right now. Just turn on the news. They come right out and say that now is the perfect situation to change American values and way of life. Even local politics see it as a money grab. Its also seen, as you say, as a way to make BIG dollars especially if you're in politics or health care.