2020 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

Harpeth drops a tough one to Loretto tonight. They had a *ton* of unforced errors and still every set was winnable. Just couldn’t get past the errors.

That said, Karly Weathers is a beast (Maybe the best single A hitter I have seen), but really is all Loretto has hit-wise. Tonight though, she was more than enough. I have no doubt that Loretto will go far in the tourney. They are well coached and play pretty darn good defense with lots of hustle.

Good luck to everyone next week!

Edited by Rockstar89

Final Four Picks: Summertown, Loretto, Watertown, Sale Creek

Finals: Summertown, Loretto

Winner: Summertown

Bummer draws: South Green having to play Loretto first and then Watertown in losers bracket; Halls & Union City making it to the tourney just by winning their District.

https://www.tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20200601

12 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Harpeth drops a tough one to Loretto tonight. They had a *ton* of unforced errors and still every set was winnable. Just couldn’t get past the errors.

That said, Karly Weathers is a beast (Maybe the best single A hitter I have seen), but really is all Loretto has hit-wise. Tonight though, she was more than enough. I have no doubt that Loretto will go far in the tourney. They are well coached and play pretty darn good defense with lots of hustle.

Good luck to everyone next week!

Loretto lost their 2nd best hitter in the preseason to knee surgery. She’s a sophomore and started all last year as a freshman. Her being out caused us to move some girls around and it took a while to find the right makeup and positioning for them. 

Our roster makeup is 4 juniors and 9 sophomores so we had some growing up to do as many of the girls got limited time last year except for JV action. The improvements we’ve made makes the future look a little brighter.

Summertown is probably the odds on favorite and we got a good draw in that if we win out we won’t see them until the winners bracket final. Should be a good tourney. 

4 hours ago, 1MustangFan said:

Loretto lost their 2nd best hitter in the preseason to knee surgery. She’s a sophomore and started all last year as a freshman. Her being out caused us to move some girls around and it took a while to find the right makeup and positioning for them. 

Our roster makeup is 4 juniors and 9 sophomores so we had some growing up to do as many of the girls got limited time last year except for JV action. The improvements we’ve made makes the future look a little brighter.

Summertown is probably the odds on favorite and we got a good draw in that if we win out we won’t see them until the winners bracket final. Should be a good tourney. 

Sounds like battles for years to come! Harpeth graduated 5 seniors last year (two playing college this year). Only 2 seniors this year. 5 juniors, 3 sophomores and 3 freshman that dressed & contributed through the year on varsity. A boatload of JV Indian sophomores and freshmen ready for their turn as well! Exciting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown playing undefeated Meigs Co - good team or little competition ? 

This is just the 3rd year that they have had a Volleyball team. They will play all seniors except for one, they are really athletic with two big girls that have really improved. The district is really bad, Van Buren and North Greene are the two best teams they have played this year. I think they can compete with some of the teams there but Summertown will definitely be a challenge,

No offense meant at all, but real talk here. I would be surprised if a team with that little experience and only playing a District schedule will have much luck against the defending state champs who haven’t lost a lick since last year. That said, there is a reason they play the games. Any given night...

5 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

No offense meant at all, but real talk here. I would be surprised if a team with that little experience and only playing a District schedule will have much luck against the defending state champs who haven’t lost a lick since last year. That said, there is a reason they play the games. Any given night...

They played a few teams out of district this year but most were cancelled, but they definitely got a tough draw. I would put them in the same category as Sale Creek for comparison But regardless of what happens they have really done good just in 3 years of playing.