2020 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

The mom or dad who thinks that N would win a state Championship without Fulton is showing a little of the jealousy bug.  She is a special player, and without her, or even if she has a bad game, they are not champions.  Why can’t you simply admit she is great and makes everyone around her better.  Her teammates get a ring too.  But don’t disrespect her.

Congrats to Anderson County and Nolensville for advancing to the Final Four and Greenville and East Hamilton for fighting and staying alive in the bottom bracket.

Nolensville should handle Anderson County and advance to the finals. I think Murf. Central and Greenville will advance to join in the final four, but feel like Anderson County and Murf. Central could meet up again to see who gets another shot at Nolensville. Can't count out Greenville & Crockett County, though. The bottom bracket is filled with pick 'ems in my book. Good luck to all the teams!

I am a former ref who likes to middle Tennessee VB.   I really started liking N after they beat Portland where I was in fact a crazy uncle of one of the girls!  I like AA ball better than AAA because it is more competitive, watching Brentwood win gets old.  I have nothing but respect for N, and my auto correct got me!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a star player which Fulton is.  Also, N is bigger than most AAA schools and double the size of some of the other teams and should win.  Without Fulton, or if she has a bad game, I think MC, G and AC could upset them.  They have had an easy go in that their bracket was WEAK!  AC in particular looks pretty strong and I don’t think they are afraid of N.  Watching them against MC today, they looked strong after game 1, and if Fulton doesn’t take over they could get beat, but I think if her teammates do their job and get her the ball they win in 3.

Crockett will have to bounce back tomorrow against Greenville after today's loss against Nolensville.  It's definitely possible based on their win against East Hamilton, and if Crockett does win in the Greenville match, they'll end up playing East Hamilton again.  What's the run down on Greenville?  How would you compare them to East Hamilton?

Just from what I’ve watched this week Greenville should beat East Hamilton in 3.  Greenville and CrockeTT should be a good match.  Both teams play solid defense, serve well and don’t make a lot of errors.  They aren’t as offensively strong as N, MC or AC but both are capable of making a move.  I expect Fulton to have a monster day tomorrow and sweep AC in 3, and it would not surprise me to see the winner of G and C play AC to see who gets to get smacked down by Fulton and crew on Friday!

• Like 1

Bratman, you seem like you'd be a joy at parties.  Having seen Nolensville up close, Fulton is good but not a runaway as the best player on the team.  Starke, Young and Rickert would all be in the conversation.  Also, one player can rarely take over a game to win a championship.  It is fully a team effort.  Your fascination with this one player worries me if you aren't a part of the family, TBH.  

I have seen no one try to diminish anything that she has done.  You came in all gung ho 

Having just watched the Anderson County game you (Bratman) are either just trying to drum up hostilities on the team or something else.  Fulton was a good player but wasn't a standout in my view.  The thing about Nolensville is there really are no weak spots on the team.  They have 4-5 hitters that can get hot and take over a game pretty quickly.  Their libero is always around the ball and the setters can put in in a position for the hitters to go through the proper motions to get a good hit. Their back row defense is always good. I thought their middle, Ladd, stood out in that AC game.

Their coach is top notch, after Barbara Campbell at Brentwood, he's in the conversation with some of the best coaches in the state.  If Nolensville wins it will be earned as a team.  If they lose it will be because another team got hot and beat them.