2020 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Who will Nolensville play in the State Championship game this year?

No one that will beat them...

I think M'Boro Central is vastly improved. They played Nolensville close once. They've beaten Watertown & Summertown (2 of the best teams in Single A) and played a pretty tough schedule. Creek Wood & Camden could compete. Never count out Portland even though they are down. The problem is...because of the bracket, Nolensville takes a slot and then the rest have to fight it out for the other one. Thats disappointing. If I had to pick one I will go with M'boro Central to get to state and surprise some folks. 

Anderson County could get back to state. I hear Sullivan Central is good.

There's a reason they play the games, but no one really compares to Nolensville in AA in my opinion. 

Unrelated to this year...

I was just looking at the TSSAA report of fall enrollments that will be used to set classifications for next season thru 2023.

https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments

I noticed that Camden reports an enrollment of well under 500 which is a loss of over 160 students from the last report. I believe would clearly place them in single A for volleyball. That could be a very interesting evolution....

Edited by Rockstar89

6 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Unrelated to this year...

I was just looking at the TSSAA report of fall enrollments that will be used to set classifications for next season thru 2023.

https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments

I noticed that Camden reports an enrollment of well under 500 which is a loss of over 160 students from the last report. I believe would clearly place them in single A for volleyball. That could be a very interesting evolution....

And Nolensville playing AA this year with AAA numbers. They should have moved up two years ago.

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

And Nolensville playing AA this year with AAA numbers. They should have moved up two years ago.

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

Absolutely...the problem is they only reclassify ever three/four(?) years and that is one of the fastest growing places in the state. So they outgrew their classification quick.

So, if Camden does indeed drop to Single A where do you think they would end up?

D12 only has 3 members and are west-based (Jackson/Middleton)...Or they could end up in D9 with the other "River" teams (Waverly/McEwen etc)...Based on where they play now I'm guessing they could even end up in D10 with Harpeth & the Hickman Co schools. But I hope they don't do that because then you end up with 3 stronger teams in the same district.

Edited by Rockstar89

Nolensville has went it way more than the 20% to reclassify them according to the TSSAA guidelines. They better enjoy it this year because it is back to reality in all sports next year when you stop beating up on rural schools.

Camden would be put in same district as Waverly or they would go west. They would not be put in the Hickman/Harpeth district.

22 hours ago, District12AA said:

Nolensville has way more than the 20% to reclassify them according to the TSSAA guidelines. They better enjoy it this year because it is back to reality in all sports next year when you stop beating up on rural schools.

As District 12AA noted, Nolensville should have moved to 12AAA last reclassification.  They made the case to stay AA to win as Nolensville opened in 2016 drawing from previous powers Ravenwood and Page and became immediately competitive in many sports.  Nolensville’s Vball success has grown at the expense of Page who dropped to last and Ravenwood who dropped to 3rd in the  seven team 12AAA district this season.   Brentwood, Summit and Nolensville graduate strong senior classes but should be the future strength in what is arguably the strongest AAA district in the State having won the last 10 straight AAA State championships (Brentwood 2013-2019 and Ravenwood 2010-2012).

I live out that way and Nolensville’s growth began when Nashville extended sewer service into the town 10+ years ago.  It took a few years but growth has accelerated on the north end of town and with the mess Nashville has become and young families exiting the liberal politics, declining schools,  increasing taxes and rising crime.  Crossing into WILLCO is an immediate quality of life increase and family atmosphere upgrade.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:00 AM, Apostle said:

Brentwood, Summit and Nolensville graduate strong senior classes but should be the future strength in what is arguably the strongest AAA district in the State having won the last 10 straight AAA State championships (Brentwood 2013-2019 and Ravenwood 2010-2012).

There is no argument to be had,  Top to bottom, that district is the strongest district in the state.