2020 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

11 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Its a Nolensville / Anderson County rematch in the state championship for all the marbles! 

Congrats to Murfreesboro Central on a great season to finish 3rd. They are a much improved team in the last couple of years! 

Should be a game.  I think Anderson has a very slim chance but there is a chance.  It would definitely take good player or two having an off game for Nolensville but you've got to play the game.

Pre serve......ACs ladies at the net pointed and called out opposing players. 

For example, before every serve.....Pointing and yelling “5 don’t want it, “10 don’t  want it, give it to 15, she don’t want it”

just didn’t know if they are taught that as a strategy or the players just did it. Seemed pretty organized. 

1 hour ago, Kentuckyderby22 said:

Pre serve......ACs ladies at the net pointed and called out opposing players. 

For example, before every serve.....Pointing and yelling “5 don’t want it, “10 don’t  want it, give it to 15, she don’t want it”

just didn’t know if they are taught that as a strategy or the players just did it. Seemed pretty organized. 

Wow, Not cool.
I have seen that before from another coach in AA that I will leave unnamed. I have seen him instead of signing a serving zone yell out loud  ‘Serve it to number 5, we’re in her head.’  Or ‘Number 5 doesn’t want the ball.’ Stuff like that. Maybe you say that on the bench during a time out etc, but not out loud where the whole gym can hear. He doesn’t have a lot of success which makes it all the more interesting with that one. 

Edited by Rockstar89

That’s not what I saw.  I sat behind the benches and I never heard either coach saying anything directly at the other teams.  I think Starck played lights out and deserved the MVP.  I saw players from both teams calling out where they think the set or the serve will go which seems to be a club thing.  I think the AC coaches were trying to get their team fired up, but I didn’t hear or see anything negative.  Also, I did see the AC team stand and applaud when N received the trophy and I saw the AC coaches seek out our coach and MVP and hug and congratulate which I thought was nice.   We played a great tournament and I got tight when AC took game three, but Starck was every where.  I think the talking thru the net is 100% a club thing and I heard no profanity and saw a lot of the girls on both sides laughing.  I suspect that several of them know each other thru club.  I thought it was the most competitive match of the day.  I stayed thru the Brentwood beat down which was rough.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, bratman said:

I stayed thru the Brentwood beat down which was rough.

Siegel talked smack in the papers Wednesday and that got back to the Lady Bruins.  Don't poke to bear.  They asked for the best but they couldn't handle the best.

As for Starke, WELL DESERVED.  A great player and even better person.  Congrats to her and to Nolensville.

Agreed!  I looked online and Starke didn’t make an error in the match. She was everywhere.  When AC got going with the long service run and then 15 took over momentum shifted big time.  Starke dug, passed, serve received EVERYTHING in the 4th to slow AC down enough for us to get grounded again.  One of the best performances I’ve watched!  Well earned!

AC could be back in the finals next year, several quality teams moved up.

Finally, I am not a Wood fan but the HOME team got what they deserved with the talk. I was surprised Brentwood didn’t win bigger.  It was a spanking!