2020 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

Because Nolensville and Siegel are Brentwoods first two games, the Bruins have been very focused the summer.  AA State Champions vs. 7x Defending AAA State Champions.......i believe Brentwood wants to prove just who is the top team in Williamson County and the State so they will come out with a chip on their shoulders.  

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Ravenwood will not be good this year.  

Interesting...Define 'not good', they will still probably be decent, right? Just maybe not as good as the past? I have no knowledge and just going on the past few seasons where they have been pretty good. What is the difference this year?

Edited by Rockstar89

48 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Interesting...Define 'not good', they will still probably be decent, right? Just maybe not as good as the past? I have no knowledge and just going on the past few seasons where they have been pretty good. What is the difference this year?

You're right, "not be good" was a bit much, they'll be decent but nowhere to the level of past years. No real threats on the front row and very young in the back

On 8/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, Apostle said:

TT - this year's District 12-AAA top teams should again be Brentwood, Ravenwood (with 2 upperclassmen move-in players from out of state) and Summit (with 7 seniors and a couple juniors).  Ravenwood has State tournament caliber talent in their school zone every year.  They did graduate an all-state Setter, and two strong pins all to college programs.  A couple of solid seniors decided not to play but BHS and RHS have made it out of the toughest District in TN to the State tournament in something like 17 of the last 18 years and between them own the last ten plus State championships so it would be difficult to prematurely count them out.  Best wishes for the kids across the State to play a full virus/injury-free season.

Interesting call on Summit...they were all over the place last year. They beat most of the teams they were 'supposed' to beat....stole a match from Ravenwood, even a couple of sets from Brentwood thru the year...but then lost to single A Harpeth - who was a good team (3rd in single A state), but Summit should have killed them. The look on that coach's face. Those girls are probably *still* running. That said, 12-AAA is SO tough. Would be nice to see someone else make a splash besides the regulars. With 7 seniors, maybe they can.

1 hour ago, maiseyvol said:

Maryville is expected to be very strong this year in the East. New Coach... Chris Hames, 2 new very strong transfers from California, and a very strong core group of talent.

I always like to hear about east teams since we don't hear that much about them around here. They have a tough region and a quick check shows they haven't been to state since the mid 80s. Would be nice to see someone new pop in. 

11 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Teeter maybe you were right. My sources tell me the Nolensville/Ravenwood matchup wasn't as close as the score might indicate. It was Nolensville all the way apparently. 

On paper they are not good, sounds like from last night, on the court they are not very good.

Nolensville comes to Brentwood tomorrow night.  Last nights win makes tomorrows game very interesting.  I promise you the Lady Bruins will come out focused and determined.  Playing little sister the first game of the year is a very good way to keep your teams attention during the summer training.