2020 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

26 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

3 set sweep by the Bruins over Nolo last night.  Brentwood has so much firepower on the front and great defense on the back.  Not many weaknesses.  

Not surprised they won, but a little surprised they manhandled them like they did. I mean, don't get me wrong. They are great. But I thought Nolensville would have made them work for it a little more. Sounds like they had their way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

D-B beat Daniel Boone last night in the winner's bracket final in D1-AAA.  Not only was it the first district loss of the season for the Trailblazers, it also puts them in a very precarious position in an elimination game tonight against 2 seeded Science Hill.  Another slip up in that game and the Lady Blazers will be getting out the basketballs.

18 hours ago, Apostle said:

Records indicate these were the best two teams during the regular season right?  Good luck to both and congratulations to Summit for making history and moving to next week’s Region Tournament for the first time in their program history.

Correct.  Brentwood won 25-15, 25-17, 25-10

This team is motivated and focused at the right time.

4 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Not sure what the rest of the state looks like in AAA, but in far east Tennessee, the sectional matches on Thursday are D-B at Maryville and Farragut at Science Hill.  Anyone have an idea how these two matches will go and who may advance to the Boro?

My money would be on Maryville over DB, no question. Maryville is playing very strong ball right now. A lot of talent at all positions and with Chris Hames coaching this team will go far. Farragut and Science Hill is harder to predict. Farragut is playing strong ball late in the season and Science Hill has been strong all year. 

2 hours ago, maiseyvol said:

My money would be on Maryville over DB, no question. Maryville is playing very strong ball right now. A lot of talent at all positions and with Chris Hames coaching this team will go far. Farragut and Science Hill is harder to predict. Farragut is playing strong ball late in the season and Science Hill has been strong all year. 

I would probably agree with you on D-B/Maryville.  Although I only watched D-B a few times this year, they have losses to 1A South Greene and 2A Sullivan East.  Although South Greene is a powerhouse in 1A, Sullivan East didn't even advance to their region in 2A.

3 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I would probably agree with you on D-B/Maryville.  Although I only watched D-B a few times this year, they have losses to 1A South Greene and 2A Sullivan East.  Although South Greene is a powerhouse in 1A, Sullivan East didn't even advance to their region in 2A.

Does Maryville have a quality win or two over better or similar talent?  I'm not as familiar with the teams in the east as much as I am middle and west TN is the reason I ask.

Edited by TeeterTot2