2020 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

TSSAA announced the state tournament will not be held at MTSU this year due to COVID.  AAA will be played at Siegel high school and AA played at Blackman.  Am I the only one who feels this is a competitive advantage for Siegel to play in their home gym if they qualify (they are very likely to qualify)?  

Seems Blackman and Siegel should swap AA and AAA to make it equal for all.

• Like 1

Just now, Apostle said:

In the “who You Got” category for AAA sectional play across the State on TH night, I will take:

Science Hill

Maryville

Cookeville

Siegel

Brentwood

Station Camp

Gtown Houston

Collierville

For the sake of not being totally in agreement, I agree with you but will take Summit over Station Camp.

12 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Does Maryville have a quality win or two over better or similar talent?  I'm not as familiar with the teams in the east as much as I am middle and west TN is the reason I ask.

I am not sure.  I really only follow the District 1 teams.  This probably should have been Daniel Boone's year to make some noise down there, but D-B knocked them off in the district tournament and then Science Hill finished them off in the loser's bracket.  Bad time of year to play your worst volleyball and get your first two district losses of the season.

12 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

TSSAA announced the state tournament will not be held at MTSU this year due to COVID.  AAA will be played at Siegel high school and AA played at Blackman.  Am I the only one who feels this is a competitive advantage for Siegel to play in their home gym if they qualify (they are very likely to qualify)?  

Seems Blackman and Siegel should swap AA and AAA to make it equal for all.

Not knowing anything about that area of the state and never having been there, I can only assume that maybe Siegel's gym is larger perhaps?  And that's why they were chosen to host AAA.  Where is the 1A tournament going to be?

15 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Does Maryville have a quality win or two over better or similar talent?  I'm not as familiar with the teams in the east as much as I am middle and west TN is the reason I ask.

Maryville has several quality wins, they lost a couple close ones early in the season but have dominated over similar talent getting even stronger late in the season. There are a lot of strong teams in the east and they play each other a lot but of course only a couple advance. I think Farragut/Science Hill will be hard to  predict. Farragut’s defense is their strongest weapon in my opinion.

2 hours ago, maiseyvol said:

Maryville has several quality wins, they lost a couple close ones early in the season but have dominated over similar talent getting even stronger late in the season. There are a lot of strong teams in the east and they play each other a lot but of course only a couple advance. I think Farragut/Science Hill will be hard to  predict. Farragut’s defense is their strongest weapon in my opinion.

Thank you, appreciate the info.