2020 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

27 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Yeah I saw that too...I had Science Hill in my final four. I wonder what happened?

I was told Cookeville looked like they had been there before, SH seemed overwhelmed.  That being said, I've seen Cookeville a couple times this year and they are a very good team.  The Brentwood/Cookeville game tomorrow morning should be a heavyweight fight that has potential of going the distance.  

Moving on today is Brentwood, Cookeville, Houston & Maryville. 

Both games in the winners bracket tomorrow should be great, but I stick with my picks: Brentwood & Houston will secure their slots in the final four by late lunch.

The Station Camp vs siegel game in the bottom bracket will likely be a battle as well. That one could be another to go the distance. I'll take Siegel over Station Camp though, and Science Hill over Collerville. 

Edited by Rockstar89

14 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Moving on today is Brentwood, Cookeville, Houston & Maryville. The only game I missed today was Cookeville over Science Hill.

Both games in the winners bracket tomorrow should be great, but I stick with my picks: Brentwood & Houston will secure their slots in the final four by late lunch.

The Station Camp vs siegel game in the bottom bracket will likely be a battle as well. That one could be another to go the distance. I'll take Siegel over Station Camp though, and Science Hill over Collerville. 

I over estimated Cookeville because they only scored a total of 37 points in 3 sets this morning.  They really struggled on the back row, REALLY struggled.  

Congrats to Brentwood and Houston for moving on to the final four. Collierville & Siegel remain alive in the bottom bracket. I'm gonna take Maryville and Siegel to join in the final four, but have a Brentwood/Houston rematch for the finals. 

Does anyone know what happened to Science Hill? I really thought they would challenge more than they did this year.

Good luck to all the teams!

12 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Congrats to Brentwood and Houston for moving on to the final four. Collierville & Siegel remain alive in the bottom bracket. I'm gonna take Maryville and Siegel to join in the final four, but have a Brentwood/Houston rematch for the finals. 

Does anyone know what happened to Science Hill? I really thought they would challenge more than they did this year.

Good luck to all the teams!

They were the wrong team to represent the region in my opinion.  Should've been Daniel Boone, but they got ousted in the district tournament by playing back to back terrible games.  Boone didn't lose a district contest in the regular season.  It happens, I suppose.

3 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

They were the wrong team to represent the region in my opinion.  Should've been Daniel Boone, but they got ousted in the district tournament by playing back to back terrible games.  Boone didn't lose a district contest in the regular season.  It happens, I suppose.

I say this will all due respect, maybe the distrist/regions were just not that good.  Murfreesboro showed what "state level" competition looks like.  When teams goal is to make it to state, they sometimes but a check mark on their goals then realize it's a huge step from region to state.  

Congrats to SC for making this far.