Sequoyah Chiefs vs Tellico Plains Bears

DonkeyKong88

The home standing Bears are looking to put back to back wins up against the Chiefs in the county opener.  Sequoyah trying to dust off last years performance and get Head Coach Ryan Bolinger in the win column.  Both teams returning a lot of young talent for the slug fest.  One of my major concerns for this game, will the Pork Palace be open?  Truly a great experience from years past when visiting the Maroon Nation. Thoughts appreciated....

3 hours ago, DonkeyKong88 said:

The home standing Bears are looking to put back to back wins up against the Chiefs in the county opener.  Sequoyah trying to dust off last years performance and get Head Coach Ryan Bolinger in the win column.  Both teams returning a lot of young talent for the slug fest.  One of my major concerns for this game, will the Pork Palace be open?  Truly a great experience from years past when visiting the Maroon Nation. Thoughts appreciated....

With a combined 2019 record of 3-18, both of these teams should be hungry for a better season. But will either have the personnel for a big improvement? Sequoyah should be favored because they're a bigger school, but being a county rivalry it could be a good game.
Pork Palace? Is that what they call the pork served under the shed on the east side of the stadium? It's worth going to a Bears home game just to get some!

11 hours ago, 5524 said:

The Pork Palace will be open unless something changes between now and Friday.

Tellico wins again this year.

Thats awesome news about the food tent!  News coming out of the mountain is that the Bears are running low on coaches, but I keep hearing the name "Carter" (I think) the young man can play.  Also hearing there may be a limited number of people allowed into the game, if anybody can confirm?  As far as the game goes, its always possible for smaller schools to beat a bigger school but in consecutive years..."Not so fast my friend", lol. The Chiefs back on top this year, in what maybe a rainy game, 28-7.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:07 AM, DonkeyKong88 said:

Thats awesome news about the food tent!  News coming out of the mountain is that the Bears are running low on coaches, but I keep hearing the name "Carter" (I think) the young man can play.  Also hearing there may be a limited number of people allowed into the game, if anybody can confirm?  As far as the game goes, its always possible for smaller schools to beat a bigger school but in consecutive years..."Not so fast my friend", lol. The Chiefs back on top this year, in what maybe a rainy game, 28-7.

Carter is a good player and had a really good Sophomore year last season, but Tellico has some other players that can play.  The big question is will Tellico have a line.  Its GAME DAY and I am ready for the kickoff.  There will be a limited # of people allowed in the game.  I think I heard 1175 or something like that.

Well "MY friend" we will find out in a few hours if t is possible for Tellico to win consecutively over SQHS.