• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, Apostle said:

Goodpasture has had a good year but with a limited schedule.  Tough 1st round match on the road tonight vs a capable Concord Christian in Knoxville.

Looks like Goodpasture won 3-0 over Concord and then went to Tipton-Rosemark in Memphis and won 3-1.

Traveled to both ends of the state the same week. Not sure I would call 33-2 a "limited" schedule although a couple tournaments were cancelled on them.

Final four=

Goodpasture vs. King's Academy

BGA vs. Notre Dame

For sure, two quality wins on the road = solid play-in to the State Tournament.  My limited Schedule comment was a result of the school website which was not kept up to date during the year reflecting that they were 1-0 on the season and the go-to website for high school sports reflected the team as  12-1.  One will note above that even the TSSAA website bracket which I copied into this thread did not have records included and that information was bot posted until THUR I think.  Their first match will be a competitive one for sure but this could be the Cougars’ year to win it all. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Apostle said:

For sure, two quality wins on the road = solid play-in to the State Tournament.  My limited Schedule comment was a result of the school website which was not kept up to date during the year reflecting that they were 1-0 on the season and the go-to website for high school sports reflected the team as  12-1.  One will note above that even the TSSAA website bracket which I copied into this thread did not have records included and that information was bot posted until THUR I think.  Their first match will be a competitive one for sure but this could be the Cougars’ year to win it all. Good luck!

They have their own website.

https://www.goodpasturevolleyball.com/?GOODPASTUREVOLLEYBALL

My prediction Kings will win the title fairly easily. They play 6 players, all strong, and 5 strong seniors. I have seen all teams play except BGA, who it looks like ND is currently winning, and Kings beat ND very easily. Goodpasture beat Concord in 3 but it wasn’t a blowout by any means. The first round game between Kings and Goodpasture will be telling.

Edited by maiseyvol

1 hour ago, maiseyvol said:

My prediction Kings will win the title fairly easily. They play 6 players, all strong, and 5 strong seniors. I have seen all teams play except BGA, who it looks like ND is currently winning, and Kings beat ND very easily. Goodpasture beat Concord in 3 but it wasn’t a blowout by any means. The first round game between Kings and Goodpasture will be telling.

Notre Dame beat BGA 3-0

2 hours ago, maiseyvol said:

I stand corrected!!