4 Classifications

Redrage4life

No one is ever going to be happy with everything. However you can not have a lower disparity in 4A without watering it down even more and making district size and travel times even further. If you went to 5 classes you would have 60 schools in each class competing for a state championship. It waters down the entire experience. When football went to six classes it watered it down to the point you have teams that win 1 game making the playoffs.  

21 minutes ago, tman22 said:

No one is ever going to be happy with everything. However you can not have a lower disparity in 4A without watering it down even more and making district size and travel times even further. If you went to 5 classes you would have 60 schools in each class competing for a state championship. It waters down the entire experience. When football went to six classes it watered it down to the point you have teams that win 1 game making the playoffs.  

Even with 3 classes in basketball we have 4 team districts with 1 win teams making the region tournament.

12 hours ago, Jimbob9 said:

The top class disparity is still just as Terrible as it was. All the other classes go up in around 400 student increments but the 4A class has over a thousand student difference from top to bottom.? What a waste of time! 

completely agree. should have went 6 classes like football

One West TN AA district could look like this:

14-AA (Enrollment 450-798)

Madison

Scotts Hill

Riverside

Adamsville

South Gibson

Bolivar

and a AAA district (800-1099)

13-AAA

Dyersburg

South Side

North Side

Liberty

Dyer County (if they get a preference)

Hardin County

Chester County 

Lexington

Obion County

Crockett County

McNairy Central

Edited by dmm88

22 hours ago, dmm88 said:

One West TN AA district could look like this:

14-AA (Enrollment 450-798)

Madison

Scotts Hill

Riverside

Adamsville

South Gibson

Bolivar

and a AAA district (800-1099)

13-AAA

Dyersburg

South Side

North Side

Liberty

Dyer County (if they get a preference)

Hardin County

Chester County 

Lexington

Obion County

Crockett County

McNairy Central

No way South Gibson is 2A. But if you drop them into that other group that you labeled 13AAA you will have a pretty good picture of what Region 7 AAA will look like when it is all said and done. 

Also, I think Bolivar is stuck in Region 8 regardless of whether they stay 2A or bump up to 3A

Edited by WhereYouAt

2 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

No way South Gibson is 2A. But if you drop them into that other group that you labeled 13AAA you will have a pretty good picture of what Region 7 AAA will look like when it is all said and done. 

Also, I think Bolivar is stuck in Region 8 regardless of whether they stay 2A or bump up to 3A

Dyersburg was 729 in 2018 right??  Will all depend on the numbers. Will be interesting to see who plays where and who plays up. I am sure Adamsville, Scoots Hill and Decatur County will be happier to be more on a leveler playing field.

13AAA

Southside
Hardin County
Chester County
Lexington
Mcnairy Central

14AAA

Crockett County
Dyer County
Obion County
Northside
South Gibson
Liberty

If South Gibson falls below the cutoff for AAA then it will be 2 districts with 5 teams in each district. You could also see Haywood potentially being in this group as well, but I think they would get moved to the Memphis side. They could do the schools south of i40 in one and the ones north in another which would move liberty to 13AAA. Very curious to see how it shakes up

That’s the silliest thing I have ever heard. Of course it matters how many are walking the halls. Unless your a small single A school that gets away with recruiting, The ones on the court have to be picked from those walking the halls. If you have 1000 more kids your chances of having a few more athletes are much greater. Simple math.

On 8/21/2020 at 1:04 PM, TennesseeValley said:

13AAA

Southside
Hardin County
Chester County
Lexington
Mcnairy Central

14AAA

Crockett County
Dyer County
Obion County
Northside
South Gibson
Liberty

If South Gibson falls below the cutoff for AAA then it will be 2 districts with 5 teams in each district. You could also see Haywood potentially being in this group as well, but I think they would get moved to the Memphis side. They could do the schools south of i40 in one and the ones north in another which would move liberty to 13AAA. Very curious to see how it shakes up

Talked to a coach last night and he thinks the cutoff will be the 700-720 range for AA and 370-380 in Single A. That is his opinion and not fact but just passing this along.

1 hour ago, Jimbob9 said:

That’s the silliest thing I have ever heard. Of course it matters how many are walking the halls. Unless your a small single A school that gets away with recruiting, The ones on the court have to be picked from those walking the halls. If you have 1000 more kids your chances of having a few more athletes are much greater. Simple math.

You need to reread what I said. I did say that it is easier to find more if you have more to choose from. My point is that it is possible to win even if you have a much lower enrollment. I gave some examples from this past year and there are MANY more if you would like me to list them. If your school is getting beat regularly by a team with a higher enrollment, it is not because it is impossible to beat them. Most people find it easier to make excuses than find solutions.