4 Classifications

Redrage4life

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Look at page eight on this thread one poster had it figured at every class with 84 schools but one and it has 83 and I think he has four A starting at 1159 kids. Never know but he may be accurate.

Thanks.  It would be a lot easier to figure out if we had a list from lowest to highest enrollment instead of alphabetical by school name.

12 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

Got to remember that they added several charter schools and rockvale etc since then. There should be around 85-86 in each class. 

AAAA would start right at 1190

What would be your projection on numbers right now?? Single A ??-???, Double AA ??-???, Triple AAA ???-???, Four AAAA ???-????

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Never know what will happen. Likely throw up a red flag. In the meeting Childress said the numbers were supposed to be the exact numbers that are turned into the state for funding. You don’t think some of these schools are setting up a different ID number and a different name for virtual students with all of the money still going to the same people just two different entities do you?? Never know. Lot of discrepancies in numbers and they are all lower which people in the meeting warned of this. To be perfectly honest with you, Gibson County leaving Single A may be easier some years. Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Bradford, Clarkrange, Pickett County all tough outs year in year out.

I don’t know what Loretto is doing, but anyone of us with walking around sense knows they didn’t lose 178 kids in 2 years. If TSSAA let’s this number slide and allows them to stay in A, they are opening the door for schools to lie on future enrollment cycles to get in whatever class they want. 

Looks like 331 public teams which 83 teams per class. There are 3-5 schools that are unclear if they are basketball, baseball, and softball schools. And there are three teams with 383 enrollment so how do they deal with that. 

A Clinch(36)--East Robertson(381)

AA Summertown, Hampton, Wartburg(383)--Giles County(700)

AAA Dyersburg(702)-Lenoir City(1228)

AAAA 1231 David Crockett(1231)--Collierville(2865)

Obviously, there's some wiggle room here based on a few factors but I think this is pretty close.

Edited by chill

2 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I don’t know what Loretto is doing, but anyone of us with walking around sense knows they didn’t lose 178 kids in 2 years. If TSSAA let’s this number slide and allows them to stay in A, they are opening the door for schools to lie on future enrollment cycles to get in whatever class they want. 

Looks like a loophole somewhere. Childress even warned that numbers would be off with the virtual stuff before it got passed. I was actually surprised it passed with all the in-home numbers. Sounds like to me that a lot of the virtual kids are not being counted in some of the school’s numbers. 

From what I understand, Lawrence County schools turned in the wrong number. They did the 20 day average attendance, not 20 day average enrollment. Big difference there. Got to remember that it’s the school district, not the individual school that turns the number in for public schools. 
I also understand that it is being corrected in the next few days. 

Edited by jvaughan

1 hour ago, chill said:

Guys, no one is fudging numbers. It’s $10,000 a kid. It’s not something school systems will pass up. 

You are right about that but TSSAA is not the ones handing out the $10k so these numbers don’t actually mean anything in regards to money. So if Loretto tells TSSAA one thing and the state another, they will get paid on what they told the state. And according to jvaughan, Lawrence Co school district accidentally reported the wrong number which is weird because I think the 20th day enrollment is how they always report numbers. Not sure how they forgot how to do it since they did it right in 2016 and 2018. Also not sure how a 33% drop didn’t throw up a red flag for whoever was reporting it. Maybe it was all an accident. I really don’t care as long as they straighten it out for this cycle. If they don’t, then everyone will be allowed to submit whatever number they want to the TSSAA to get in whatever class they want.