4 Classifications

Redrage4life

Just now, GregReece said:

You are right, I think all the Greene Co schools: Chuckey-Doak, South Greene and West Greene (except North Greene will be A) will be together with Happy Valley and Johnson County. Hampton is right on the edge and if they are AA, they would be in that group. 

Districts should average out to slightly over 5 (329/4 = 82.25 per class and 82/16 districts is 5.125 teams per district) or 10 teams per Region.

You are right on top of it, I agree with your District 1-AA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GregReece said:

You are right, I think all the Greene Co schools: Chuckey-Doak, South Greene and West Greene (except North Greene will be A) will be together with Happy Valley and Johnson County. Hampton is right on the edge and if they are AA, they would be in that group. 

Districts should average out to slightly over 5 (329/4 = 82.25 per class and 82/16 districts is 5.125 teams per district) or 10 teams per Region.

That's exactly what I am hearing for District 1. Does anyone know what District 2 would look like ? 

6 hours ago, TennesseeValley said:

What about the six class system with football? It's a joke....The four class system has needed to be in place for a long time in my opinion, 

You think four teams and five teams in a district is good?? So you are a fan of everyone making the Region Tournament. I am not. Their are still a bunch of schools that will have to play the Blackmon’s and Riverdale’s of the world. That hadn’t changed. 

10 hours ago, StudCantrell said:

This is my projection for 2A. I'm not for sure where exactly some of the schools are located. Feel free to make corrections.

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
Hampton Chuckey Doak Gat. Pittman Oneida Sweetwater Sequatichie Co Jackson Co E. Robertson
West Greene Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Wartburg Tellico Plains Brainerd Smith Co Cheatham Co
South Greene Happy Valley Kingston York Loudon Grundy Co. Watertown Harpeth
Johnson Co. Union Co. Alcoa Monterey McMinn Central Tyner Cannon Co Westmoreland
    LN STEM   Polk Co. Marion Co.    
        Meigs Co. Chatt. A&S    
          Bledsoe Co.    

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stewart Co. Cascade Huntingdon Adamsville Douglass Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD East Hickman Forrest Milan DC Riverside KIPP Memphis Freedom Prep Memphis East
KIPP Nash Hickman Co, Community Union City Scotts Hill Manassas Fairley MLK Memphis
East Nashville Waverly Mt. Pleasant Gibson Co. Bolivar MAHS Oakhaven Sheffield
Whites Creek Camden Summertown Westview Haywood Mem Bus Ac Power Center Trezevant
Pearl Cohn Lewis Co.     Madison Mag. RISE Crosstown  
Stratford              

I personally don’t think they’ll have York & Monterey in with Oneida & Wartburg.  Geographically it makes sense, but York & Monterey are Central Time, Oneida & Wartburg are Eastern Time.  I think it may be York, Cannon Co, Smith Co, Watertown (currently in 8AA) and Monterey & Jackson Co (currently in 6A.... but who knows what they’ll do??? It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out.  If any of those aren’t included in a district together it’ll probably be Watertown imo.

15 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

That's exactly what I am hearing for District 1. Does anyone know what District 2 would look like ? 

I will take a shot at guessing it (but I am less sure than I am of District 1):

Cumberland Gap HS

Gatlinburg Pittman HS

Pigeon Forge HS

Union County HS

Alcoa HS

But if the TSSAA wants to keep Regions in the ten team range, Alcoa could easily be grouped with Kingston, Loudon, etc.

Just my guess.

Edited by GregReece

22 hours ago, StudCantrell said:

I agree with you. This is one of the downfalls of the four class system. The state gets spread out more. 112 teams in a three class but 83 in a four class system.  If you just put Memphis in two districts, you will spread class 2A out even more and four team districts will probably happen because of this. I don’t like it either but I think TSSAA will spread it out as evenly as possible. I hope it works out for everyone. 

Tell you what is going to happen is the schools are the one’s that will pay. Most schools play a schedule of what 28-30 games before Tournamnets?? You take these 4 team districts means they play 6 regular season games a year. 6 district games?? Means the rest of the year games actually have no bearing to seedings, which will hurt gate $$$’s big time. The way you got it means District 12 and District 11 would be Region 6. Cascade and Community is what 3-3.5 hours from the Gibson County’s, Westview’s and Union City’s of the world. Very costly to schools all the way around. Fan numbers aren’t great some times in our own cities. Only people that will benefit is the TSSAA at state because of lack of interest and the logistics of it. 

2 hours ago, GregReece said:

I will take a shot at guessing it (but I am less sure than I am of District 1):

Cumberland Gap HS

Gatlinburg Pittman HS

Pigeon Forge HS

Union County HS

Alcoa HS

But if the TSSAA wants to keep Regions in the ten team range, Alcoa could easily be grouped with Kingston, Loudon, etc.

Just my guess.

Thanks for the info . Looks like a good guess