4 Classifications

Redrage4life

On 10/16/2020 at 9:11 PM, lawnman said:
4 hours ago, losangeleslakers said:

1- Happy Valley, Johnson County, Chuckey-Doak, West Greene, and South Greene

2- Union County, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg Pittman, and Cumberland Gap. If they have to add another to district 2 I’m not sure if Kingston or Alcoa is closer.

Alcoa would be closer to D2

Really the best thing to do would be to go 5 classes across the board in Football and Basketball. Keep those rivalries in every sport. Take out districts and have regions like in football. 329 schools divided by 5 classes would be about 66 in each class. With 8 regions there would be roughly 8-9 in each region depending on location. Just my $0.02

Edited by TennesseeValley
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

Really the best thing to do would be to go 5 classes across the board in Football and Basketball. Keep those rivalries in every sport. Take out districts and have regions like in football. 329 schools divided by 5 classes would be about 66 in each class. With 8 regions there would be roughly 8-9 in each region depending on location. Just my $0.02

The four team districts and a 6 game district schedule is not very appealing I would agree. The format now only benefits TSSAA when the State Tournament is rolling money wise. Four classes and 16 districts will hurt schools revenue for sure. Fans want to see quality games and games that mean something. That is the world we are living in.

To me quality games will happen more because you are not limited so much to only district opponents. 3 districts around Knoxville now have 8-9 teams per district. That leaves very little wiggle room for scheduling. I like 5 team districts even with 1-2 dates of long travel. District games on Friday nights alleviates a lot of school night travel issues. Tuesday games for local non district opponents works well statewide. 

1AA-Happy Valley, West Greene, South Greene, Chucky Doak, Johnson Co 

2AA-Cumberland Gap, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg Pittman, Union County, Alcoa, Kingston(goes to 2 or 3) 

3AA- McMinn Central, Loudon, Sweetwater, Meigs, Tellico

4AA-Brainerd, Tyner, CSAS, Polk County,  Marion Co 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gomocs0811 said:

I wonder what they might do with the A Chattanooga district with Tellico Plains and CSAS moving to AA.  It only leaves 3 teams Lookout Valley, Sale Creek and Copper Basin 

I agree to put the chatt schools in with 5A( Richard Hardy, South Pitt, Whitwell, and Van Buren) however copper basin is at or over 2 hour drives for everyone mentioned before. 

58 minutes ago, tman22 said:

I agree to put the chatt schools in with 5A( Richard Hardy, South Pitt, Whitwell, and Van Buren) however copper basin is at or over 2 hour drives for everyone mentioned before. 

Unfortunately, that’s the trade off for adding a classification and keeping 16 districts. New districts will be more spread out geographically and some will be lopsided in number of teams. I imagine there will be more 4 team districts and then some could have 8 teams. I expect there to be a lot of upset schools about the way they do districts and we eventually add another classification or two and become region only like football.