4 Classifications

Redrage4life

42 minutes ago, District12AA said:

I believe Memphis should have 3 districts with the amount of teams that they have in AA. 

I hope not. Put West TN and Middle TN teams playing region possibly 3-3.5 hours away every year. District 11 and District 12. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, tman22 said:

I agree to put the chatt schools in with 5A( Richard Hardy, South Pitt, Whitwell, and Van Buren) however copper basin is at or over 2 hour drives for everyone mentioned before. 

Copper Basin is a long way from any A schools. Greenback may be the closest but any other conference game for them will be a haul.

12 minutes ago, losangeleslakers said:

Copper Basin is a long way from any A schools. Greenback may be the closest but any other conference game for them will be a haul.

yeah Copper is 45 min away from the 2a district over there.  I am cool with driving 2 hours if we can have more in our district and maybe a different region. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I hope not. Put West TN and Middle TN teams playing region possibly 3-3.5 hours away every year. District 11 and District 12. 

No the TSSAA would put Regions in the closest schools to all the region for each district. It happens in other parts of the state. It doesn't make any sense for some districts to have 4 teams while forcing Memphis schools to have 8 or 9 when they can split it into 3 districts. It would help make things more equitable across the board. You already have teams in East TN automatically making region while teams in Memphis won't have the same opportunity. Also if they only do 2 districts the Memphis Schools have more ammunition to use against the TSSAA. 

2 minutes ago, tman22 said:

Ivy academy is included in single a for basketball softball and baseball and they co-op with Sale creek. I do not understand why they are included. 

They co-op with sale creek in volleyball too and they are not in the classifications for volleyball it makes no sense.

1 hour ago, WhereYouAt said:

I disagree with that. The boys team just played in the region semi-finals and took South Side to deep into the 4th quarter. 

Moving up in classification i believe the girls program will continue to get stronger based on what i have seen in the probable additions headed to DHS. While not saying the Boys side will not have success, i do not think the consistency will be a high as the girls program. 

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

No the TSSAA would put Regions in the closest schools to all the region for each district. It happens in other parts of the state. It doesn't make any sense for some districts to have 4 teams while forcing Memphis schools to have 8 or 9 when they can split it into 3 districts. It would help make things more equitable across the board. You already have teams in East TN automatically making region while teams in Memphis won't have the same opportunity. Also if they only do 2 districts the Memphis Schools have more ammunition to use against the TSSAA. 

Memphis has always had District 15 and District 16. No way you can give them three districts without combining Middle TN and West TN for Region.

Edited by pioneer42