4 Classifications

Redrage4life

1 minute ago, District12AA said:

So what?? So you think 20% of AA teams should be in two districts??

You think everyone ought to have 4 or 5 team districts?? Just because East TN has 4 team districts doesn’t mean West TN can’t have 6-8 team districts. Not fair for West TN to have to drive 180 miles to play Region Ball just so districts can have 4 or 5 team districts. 

2 minutes ago, chill said:

Every district should have 5 teams with 3 districts with 6 to make 83. 

My take is if we have 8 teams in our area no need to send two 80 miles away just so they have 6. Put 8 in our district if the schools are there. Sports is about fans wanting to go see their teams without having to travel 3 - 3.5 hours to do so.

1 minute ago, BobcatFan22 said:

that would make sense but sadly a lot of times Geography will not allow that to be, hopefully numbers will fall JUST right to make it possible though

Geographical proximity should matter more than keeping districts "even" in my opinion, at least to some degree. Football is a little different, with one game per week, and the following day being an "out of school" day... basketball games are often on school nights, and an hour plus drive home from a district game affects students.

11 hours ago, chill said:

Knoxville districts in AAA have 8 teams each. Single A has 9.  Where are the 4 team districts?

With the new 4 classifications you are going to have smaller districts. Right now we don't have them but with this new cycle we will.

Pioneer has been whining since last March. The reality is if the TSSAA does what is equitable they will give Memphis 3 districts. 

On 10/10/2020 at 4:13 PM, chill said:

Guys, no one is fudging numbers. It’s $10,000 a kid. It’s not something school systems will pass up. 

That is not actually correct.  I want to clarify this by saying this is my understanding and I can be wrong.  The TSSAA gets the numbers before the data is actually clean.  The money isn't tied to the number at this point.  We actually have a supervisor in our district who looks at all the kid's schedules  to make sure we are getting paid for every kid before our funding number is set.   That number doesn't have to be turned into the state until closer to Christmas.  If a kid is enrolled but doesn't have a complete schedule listed he will only show up as a portion of a student based on how long he is at school.  So if he is missing two blocks on his schedule it is .5.   I don't have any idea why TSSAA doesn't use the ENROLLMENT NUMBER which is much cleaner.  It basically shows how many have enrolled in the school for the year.  This should be addressed or the TSSAA shouldn't ask for numbers from the schools they should just have TDOE send them the actually final number.  TSSAA is just not getting the cleaned up data. Not suggesting cheating just stating that I don't think the numbers are an  exact picture of enrollment at the time they are turned in to the TSSAA.  If you think about it, in some cases, 4-5 kids could move some schools up or down. 

Edited by Bob