4 Classifications

Redrage4life

18 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

The new AAA on the East side of tennessee will be loaded on the boys and girls side in basketball. Fulton should go back to 4A in football they had some powerhouse years in 4A

Agreed on every single bit of that, especially us back in 4A where can also elevate 4A while getting back to winning state titles

Greeneville didnt win another 4A Gold Ball until we and catholic left 4A

We ended Greenevilles reign on 4A

Then Catholic ended our reign on 4A (Twice)

I thought it was a mistake for us to go 5A in the first place

AAA will definitely be a new adventure for us

I was reading where District12AA was wanting three Memphis districts in 2A but pioneer42 didn't want that because of a West TN district and a Middle TN district would be in the same region, meaning too much travel. I've come up with this compromise that will keep the west with the west and multiple Memphis districts. This is just me thinking out loud. I don't think it will happen. Here it is, what do you think?

CLASS 2A

DISTRICT 1: Union Co, Cumberland Gap, West Greene, South Green, Happy Valley, Chuckey Doak, Johnson Co, LN STEM

DISTRICT 2: Gatlinburg-Pittman, Pigeon Forge, Loudon, Alcoa, Kingston

DISTRICT 3: Sweetwater, Tellico Plains, Polk Co, McMinn Central

DISTRICT 4: Tyner, Brainerd, Chatt. Arts & Sciences, Meigs Co

DISTRICT 5: Grundy Co, Sequatchie Co, Bledsoe Co, Marion Co

DISTRICT 6: Jackson Co, Smith Co, Watertown, Cannon Co, York, Monterey

DISTRICT 7: Westmoreland, Cheatham Co, Harpeth, White House Heritage, Sycamore

DISTRICT 8: Stratford, Whites Creek, Fairview, KIPP, Republic, Pearl Cohn, East Nashville, LEAD

DISTRICT 9: Lewis Co, Waverly, Camden, East Hickman, Hickman Co, Stewart Co

DISTRICT 10: Mt. Pleasant, Summertown, Loretto, Cascade, Forrest, Community, Giles Co

DISTRICT 11: Huntingdon, Milan, Union City, Gibson Co, Westview

DISTRICT 12: Adamsville, Riverside, Scotts Hill, Bolivar, Madison Magnet

DISTRICT 13-16: Each district has four teams from Memphis

32 minutes ago, StudCantrell said:

I was reading where District12AA was wanting three Memphis districts in 2A but pioneer42 didn't want that because of a West TN district and a Middle TN district would be in the same region, meaning too much travel. I've come up with this compromise that will keep the west with the west and multiple Memphis districts. This is just me thinking out loud. I don't think it will happen. Here it is, what do you think?

CLASS 2A

DISTRICT 1: Union Co, Cumberland Gap, West Greene, South Green, Happy Valley, Chuckey Doak, Johnson Co, LN STEM

DISTRICT 8: Stratford, Whites Creek, Fairview, KIPP, Republic, Pearl Cohn, East Nashville, LEAD

DISTRICT 10: Mt. Pleasant, Summertown, Loretto, Cascade, Forrest, Community, Giles Co

Got 4 districts from Memphis?? Even worse. GC and Westview will be 13 AA.

Edited by pioneer42

20 hours ago, StudCantrell said:

CLASS 2A

I don't think they will put Union Co. and Cumberland Gap in District 1 - too much travel to Johnson Co.  Also, I don't think L&N Stem plays basketball, baseball or softball so they will not be in D1 or D2.  Loudon and Kingston will probably be in D3.

3 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

I don't think they will put Union Co. and Cumberland Gap in District 1 - too much travel to Johnson Co.  Also, I don't think L&N Stem plays basketball, baseball or softball so they will not be in D1 or D2.  Loudon and Kingston will probably be in D3.

This is not my real projection, I was giving two other posters an alternative  to where one wanted more Memphis districts and the other wanted to keep two other West TN districts together to form a region. Here is my real projection.

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
Happy Valley Union Co. Gat. Pittman Sweetwater Tyner Sequatchie Co Jackson Co Westmoreland
Chuckey Doak Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Tellico Plains Brainerd Grundy Co. Smith Co Cheatham Co.
South Greene West Greene Loudon Polk Co. Chatt. A&S Marion Co Watertown Harpeth
Johnson Co. LN STEM Alcoa McMinn Central Meigs Co. Bledsoe Co Cannon Co WH Heritage
    Kingston       York Sycamore
            Monterey  

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stratford Lewis Co. Mt. Pleasant Huntingdon Adamsville Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD Whites Creek Waverly Summertown Milan DC Riverside Freedom Prep Memphis East
Pearl Cohn Fairview Camden Loretto Union City Scotts Hill Fairley MLK Memphis
East Nashville KIPP Nashville East Hickman Cascade Gibson Co. Bolivar Oakhaven Sheffield
    Hickman Co. Forrest Westview Madison Mag. Power Center Trezevant
    Stewart Co. Community     Crosstown Mem Bus Ac
      Giles Co.     RISE KIPP Memphis
            Manassas Douglass

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 12:34 PM, StudCantrell said:

CLASS 2A

Based on geography and past precedent, I think we can flip District 9 and 10.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, StudCantrell said:

CLASS 2A

District 1 and maybe another might need some adjustment but I had thought about something like this as well. There are pros & cons to merging rural west with midwest for sectional games. The first sub-state game I ever broadcast was 1979 when Westview girls visited Giles County. Unfortunately classification is the same for both girls and boys. This setup would allow only two teams to advance from Regions 9-12. That would be a shame if you look at the programs that would be meeting in the sectional. Girls teams from Memphis below AAA that made state have been few/far between recently.

On the other hand, rural west boys teams would surely welcome not having to advance into a sectional with a Memphis team and would have a better shot at the Glass House.

My guess, based on previous experience, is Memphis will stay in one region in the lower classifications.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

District 1 and maybe another might need some adjustment but I had thought about something like this as well. There are pros & cons to merging rural west with midwest for sectional games. The first sub-state game I ever broadcast was 1979 when Westview girls visited Giles County. Unfortunately classification is the same for both girls and boys. This setup would allow only to teams to advance from Regions 9-12. That would be a shame if you look at the programs that would be meeting in the sectional. Girls teams from Memphis below AAA have been few/far between recently.

On the other hand, rural west boys teams would surely welcome not having to advance into a sectional with a Memphis team and would have a better shot at the Glass House.

My guess, based on previous experience, is Memphis will stay in one region in the lower classifications.

You start combining West TN and Middle TN before state tournament state won’t be any good. Start knocking powerhouses out that bring huge crowds. Memphis is not putting the gravy on the potatoes. If they won’t some relief move a couple of them to our district. We are not scared to play them. We go down there and scout before we play and some times there ain’t 25 fans in the whole gym. 

Edited by pioneer42