4 Classifications

Redrage4life

3 hours ago, jvaughan said:

From what I understand, Lawrence County schools turned in the wrong number. They did the 20 day average attendance, not 20 day average enrollment. Big difference there. Got to remember that it’s the school district, not the individual school that turns the number in for public schools. 
I also understand that it is being corrected in the next few days. 

Glad to hear that. Odd that they forgot how to submit numbers.

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Looks like a loophole somewhere. Childress even warned that numbers would be off with the virtual stuff before it got passed. I was actually surprised it passed with all the in-home numbers. Sounds like to me that a lot of the virtual kids are not being counted in some of the school’s numbers. 

I agree with you about it looking like some counts were not done right. Is the TSSAA going to double check the numbers that had big swings to make sure something like what happened at Lawrence Co didn’t happen elsewhere?

22 minutes ago, chill said:

The numbers are turned into the Tn Dept of Ed not the TSSAA. 

That’s my point...numbers for money are turned in to the state. Numbers for sports classification are turned in to TSSAA. Are you saying that the TSSAA got the school enrollments from the TN department of education?

Based on 2020 numbers, I figured the cutoffs as this:

Class 1A: 0-378, Class 2A: 381-689, Class 3A: 691-1,209, Class 4A: 1,224+

332 schools all together.

4A and 3A will have 83 schools.

2A will have 84 because two schools have an enrollment of 381 which is the cut off between 2A and 1A.

1A will have 82.

I don't know how accurate this is but I tried the best that I could. I don't think I will try to match up the districts and regions. I will leave that to the smart ones. LOL!

On 10/11/2020 at 8:32 AM, chill said:

The numbers are sent from the school to the State Dept then to TSSAA by the State. 

The TSSAA website on the 2020 Fall Enrollments page says, “The figures shown for public schools are the 20th-day Average Daily Membership (ADM) totals provided by the district offices of the member schools to TSSAA.”

The TSSAA says they get it from the school districts, not dept of Ed. 

On 10/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, chill said:

Looks like 331 public teams which 83 teams per class. There are 3-5 schools that are unclear if they are basketball, baseball, and softball schools. And there are three teams with 383 enrollment so how do they deal with that. 

A Clinch(36)--East Robertson(381)

AA Summertown, Hampton, Wartburg(383)--Giles County(700)

AAA Dyersburg(702)-Lenoir City(1228)

AAAA 1231 David Crockett(1231)--Collierville(2865)

Obviously, there's some wiggle room here based on a few factors but I think this is pretty close.

There's more schools than that

On 10/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, chill said:

Looks like 331 public teams which 83 teams per class. There are 3-5 schools that are unclear if they are basketball, baseball, and softball schools. And there are three teams with 383 enrollment so how do they deal with that. 

A Clinch(36)--East Robertson(381)

AA Summertown, Hampton, Wartburg(383)--Giles County(700)

AAA Dyersburg(702)-Lenoir City(1228)

AAAA 1231 David Crockett(1231)--Collierville(2865)

Obviously, there's some wiggle room here based on a few factors but I think this is pretty close.

in 2018 there were 335 schools. I know they've added Rockvale since then. Who have they lost???