4 Classifications

Redrage4life

9 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

People are questioning the drop in enrollment for a few schools as to whether its a clerical error. I've got to raise the question again, where did all these kids come from in Shelby County schools? 9 schools reported a total decrease of 933 students. The other 37 schools reported a total increase of 4,675. That's an increase of 3,742! Most of the increases were at schools who have been dropping over the past decade. If they're correct I'm glad to see these schools thriving once again. But, if there was unintended misreporting, that many schools changing could greatly influence where schools are going to fall! 

The Loretto Summertown error will just flip flop Monterey and Oakhaven back to Single A and Loretto Summertown to AA right??

Edited by pioneer42

On 10/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, pioneer42 said:

Perfect example of where numbers may not be accurate this year. Think that is why this is only a two year deal although these extra students shouldn’t have any effect on Scotts Hill’s class right?? Will be interesting how the classes and regions are done. Looks like Westview, GC, UC, Scott’s Hill, Decatur County, Huntingdon should be AA around West TN. Probably more but will be interesting who goes where and plays who.

Projections (from posters here) are all over the place, but some of the more realistic and sensible look to have us just within the cutoff for AA. I think we stay, by a relatively slim margin (in football). Everything else looks to be safe.

Edited by tradertwo

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Projections (from posters here) are all over the place, but some of the more realistic and sensible look to have us just within the cutoff for AA. I think we stay, by a relatively slim margin (in football). Everything else looks to be safe.

The only question IMO is where Dyersburg ends up. I think they are AA unless they play up. I think a lot of the early projections had schools on there that didn’t play basketball etc...Think today’s are more accurate. Think that GC, Westview, Union City, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, Dyersburg ????, Madison, Scott’s Hill, Decatur County, Adamsville, Haywood and Bolivar will all be AA. 

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The only question IMO is where Dyersburg ends up. I think they are AA unless they play up. I think a lot of the early projections had schools on there that didn’t play basketball etc...Think today’s are more accurate. Think that GC, Westview, Union City, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, Dyersburg ????, Madison, Scott’s Hill, Decatur County, Adamsville, Haywood and Bolivar will all be AA. 

If the only adjustments are in the Lawrence Co. schools, I believe Dyersburg is at top of AA. You have to look at the whole state when projecting districts. TSSAA will, to some extent, try to balance numbers. AA will lean west some so I expect Huntingdon & Camden to continue to be shipped east and be Region 6 teams. The question in AA West is will Haywood be in 13 or 14. My experience is they use longitude so I expect Haywood to be in 13 with Westview, Union City, Milan, Dyersburg, & Gibson Co.

45 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

If the only adjustments are in the Lawrence Co. schools, I believe Dyersburg is at top of AA. You have to look at the whole state when projecting districts. TSSAA will, to some extent, try to balance numbers. AA will lean west some so I expect Huntingdon & Camden to continue to be shipped east and be Region 6 teams. The question in AA West is will Haywood be in 13 or 14. My experience is they use longitude so I expect Haywood to be in 13 with Westview, Union City, Milan, Dyersburg, & Gibson Co.

Their would only be 13 teams including Camden and Huntingdon. How would they be going across the river for Region 6?? Their is only enough teams for two districts counting them right?? Not enough teams for 3 districts in AA in West TN right?? You would have to have 2 districts for Region 7 and you would have to have another district to join across the river for Region 6. Or are you thinking Camden and Huntingdon get together with Waverly, Hickman County, Lewis County and maybe East Hickman and form a district?? I know a lot of folks from Huntingdon and they don’t like it.

Edited by pioneer42

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You would have to have 2 districts for Region 7 and you would have to have another district to join across the river for Region 6. Or are you thinking Camden and Huntingdon get together with Waverly, Hickman County, Lewis County and maybe East Hickman and form a district?? 

Yes, Camden has been in a district across the river for several years. Best guess is Camden/Huntingdon are in Dist. 11 with Waverly & Stewart Co. at the very least. The two Hickman schools may be there two. Would expect Lewis Co. to be in Dist. 12. May end up totally wrong but I've dealt with TSSAA for 40 years and have some feel for the process they use.

20 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Yes, Camden has been in a district across the river for several years. Best guess is Camden/Huntingdon are in Dist. 11 with Waverly & Stewart Co. at the very least. The two Hickman schools may be there two. Would expect Lewis Co. to be in Dist. 12. May end up totally wrong but I've dealt with TSSAA for 40 years and have some feel for the process they use.

Got ya. Forgot about Stewart County. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens and if anyone plays up. AA is going to be stout. McMinn Central, South Green, Meigs County, Jackson County, Loretto, Summertown, GC, UC, Dyersburg, Westview, Huntingdon, Gatlinburg Pittman, not to mention the Nashville and suberbs of Nashville....etc just to name a few. Team like Dyersburg might be better off AAA. AA will be tough across the board. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

I agree Dyersburg probably should jump to AAA. And I think they will. AA is gonna be murderers row. Dyer County is the one that's gonna have a tough call to make, stay in 3A, or jump to a 4A district with Arlington, Bartlett, Cordova, Collierville etc.

Dyer County will be AAA if they are smart. Dodge Riverdale, Arlington, Memphis Central, Houston. With Dyersburg they have a good boys program too. Westview might have jumped if it not for their boys. Think Dyersburg would be top dog in district with Obion,  South Gibson, Dyer County and Crockett County.

1 minute ago, dmm88 said:

I think Westview is probably making the smart choice. A Westview, Gibson County, and Union City district is top 2 in the state in 2A.

I agree. Will be interesting how it all turns out. I wasn’t a fan of the four classes, but I am sure it will help some schools. Just have to keep working and see how it all works out. Will be interesting if the Shelby County numbers are off and has an effect.