4 Classifications

Redrage4life

20 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The virtual students count for enrollment. Chester Co. maintained that they weren't offering an online option until zero hour, and we (Scotts Hill) picked up probably 50 students listed as enrolled that won't ever see a classroom here. Good thing for us that TSSAA went to four classes, or we'd have been in danger of being bumped up a class from it. Chester Co. may yet drop a class from it if the estimated cutoff is close.

A lot of schools numbers at the 20 day mark may not reflect what the enrollment numbers for this classification cycle. You got kids transferring and not enrolled or withdrawn by that date due to some schools starting so late. The ones not withdrawn (even though they will not attend old school) will count toward old school numbers. Also a lot of people swapped to home school (doesn’t count toward numbers) that will be back when this blows over or they figure out they can’t do it. A more representative way to do it would be to take February 2020 number before all this mess started. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 10:20 PM, Redrage4life said:

i have heard that Westview may choose to move up a classification so that they don't lose the rivalries they have established in their district.

No way the boys should play 3A if they have a chance to play 3A. That would not be fair to the boys team.

I don't think girls can play up and boys play in a different class... Can they?

Edited by WhereYouAt

22 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Do both girls and boys have to play up? I would think so. Would be too tough to schedule.  

I doubt that 1 can play up and 1 stay but future 3 A looks to be similar as what they were playing. Dyersburg, Crockett County, South Gibson, Obion I think will all be 3 A. Never know what these numbers will look like with Covid. Some may home school. Never know. Dyersburg looks to be on the border with 729 students in 2018. South Side, Chester County and McNairy I am thinking will be 3 A as well. 

14 minutes ago, Jimbob9 said:

The top class disparity is still just as Terrible as it was. All the other classes go up in around 400 student increments but the 4A class has over a thousand student difference from top to bottom.? What a waste of time! 

Have they released the numbers breakdown yet??

1 hour ago, Jimbob9 said:

The top class disparity is still just as Terrible as it was. All the other classes go up in around 400 student increments but the 4A class has over a thousand student difference from top to bottom.? What a waste of time! 

Just because you are on the bottom of 4A doesn’t mean you can’t compete. Stone Memorial and Tullahoma were at the bottom based on enrollment and they were competitive at the top end of 3A this past year. Greenfield had less than 200 kids and was probably a top 5 team in the state regardless of class. The people making excuses need to put in work to build a program. Sure it is easier if you have more to choose from but small schools can compete. If you have the right 5 on the floor, it doesn’t matter how many you have walking the halls. 

• Upvote 1