4 Classifications

Redrage4life

4 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Let's be real.  Gibson County has had an easier path to the Regional Semi-finals every year.  It's almost a given that is going to happen.  Your weaker district opponents have allowed that to happen.  I'm not taking anything away from Gibson County, great coach and tons of talent.  If your new district remains in tact, you won't have any night offs in that district.  Every district game will be a battle.  That should prepare you for the region and substate.  Whoever makes it to the state out of that region will be the clear favorites to win it all.  From a geography standpoint, when Scotts Hill, Riverside, and Adamsville were in the old single A our region opponents were always out of Memphis.  So, we are used to traveling well over a hundred miles to play our region semi and championship games.  Lastly, from a geographical standpoint Gibson County's new district makes more sense.  All of that district is further north than any of the remaining teams in our lowly district.  

Last year District was weak. Three years in a row before it was tough with Peabody and TCA. Last year playing Gleason and Union City was tough in Region and Memphis Business Academy was real athletic the last two years, but they lost a ton this past year. Adamsville, Scott’s Hill, Decatur County and Bolivar will have a good shot. Memphis Teams are athletic just not well coached and not disciplined. I agree the whoever makes it to state out of Region 5 and 6 will be battle tested for sure. Meigs, South Green, Jackson County, East Nashville and McMinn Central will be tough year in and year out in other Regions.

On 10/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Breaking news:  White County officially requesting to play down in AA since over 50% of their games were played versus AA teams over the last two years. 

:popcorneater::lol:

It allowed us to rest up so we could win the District Championship last season. 

Hey, there was this MASSIVE high school just about 20 miles to our North that played Dekalb, York, Van Buren, etc last season. It didn't power them to the District Championship though. Hehehe.

22 hours ago, 85warrior said:

It allowed us to rest up so we could win the District Championship last season. 

Hey, there was this MASSIVE high school just about 20 miles to our North that played Dekalb, York, Van Buren, etc last season. It didn't power them to the District Championship though. Hehehe.

LOL!  I thought you had missed that one.    At least now you get to play several of those teams on a regular basis.  The easy AA schedule had nothing to do with the district tourney championship.  It had more to do with the bank 3 from volleyball line with time running out.  :grin:   That big scary school you refer to had Riverdale, East Hamilton, Cleveland, Lebanon, etc on their schedule.  If ya scared say so...and schedule teams that have losing records.

8 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

LOL!  I thought you had missed that one.    At least now you get to play several of those teams on a regular basis.  The easy AA schedule had nothing to do with the district tourney championship.  It had more to do with the bank 3 from volleyball line with time running out.  :grin:   That big scary school you refer to had Riverdale, East Hamilton, Cleveland, Lebanon, etc on their schedule.  If ya scared say so...and schedule teams that have losing records.

It will be the first time since the 82-83 season that our District will be made up of teams about the same size as us. For years we played District(7aaa in the 90's)teams about twice the size as us(Riverdale,Oakland,Warren,Lebanon,Cookeville,etc. It's ok though we still dominated MANY of those years. Haha.

I Love it that people like yourself worry about little ole White County. It speaks volumes. That would be like White County worrying about Spencer. 

1 hour ago, 85warrior said:

It will be the first time since the 82-83 season that our District will be made up of teams about the same size as us. For years we played District(7aaa in the 90's)teams about twice the size as us(Riverdale,Oakland,Warren,Lebanon,Cookeville,etc. It's ok though we still dominated MANY of those years. Haha.

I Love it that people like yourself worry about little ole White County. It speaks volumes. That would be like White County worrying about Spencer. 

Well now you Sparta will get to play the best team in Putnam county! :D aint that right Lady Cav.:lol:

6 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Oh no!  Not the little ole Sparta crap again.   I guess since you will have so many more students than everyone else in the district you should just dominate everything.  Your still gonna lose to the Cavs!  

58 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Oh no!  Not the little ole Sparta crap again.   I guess since you will have so many more students than everyone else in the district you should just dominate everything.  Your still gonna lose to the Cavs!  

So many more students? Funny.  We have 1150 and pretty much every other in our new District will have 900-1000. That's pretty close. Having 1150 and playing schools with 2000+ isn't close at all. It's going to be a super tough district with Macon(best team i saw play last year), Upperman(which is the best team in putnam county) and not to mention Stone. It will be tougher than Cookevilles District for sure. 

We are little ole Sparta compared to teams twice our size. Bahahaha

Too bad Cookeville never has any serious STATE success with the size they are.

9 hours ago, 85warrior said:

So many more students? Funny.  We have 1150 and pretty much every other in our new District will have 900-1000. That's pretty close. Having 1150 and playing schools with 2000+ isn't close at all. It's going to be a super tough district with Macon(best team i saw play last year), Upperman(which is the best team in putnam county) and not to mention Stone. It will be tougher than Cookevilles District for sure. 

We are little ole Sparta compared to teams twice our size. Bahahaha

Too bad Cookeville never has any serious STATE success with the size they are.

I have already commented on the new district Sparta will be in.  Probably best AAA district in the state.    No doubt Cookeville hasn’t had a lot of success over the years.  I have commented on that many times.  But things have changed and you should know that better than anyone after losing 5 out of the last 6 (or something like that).  We will likely give you a nice going away present this year.   Let’s get it going already...

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I have already commented on the new district Sparta will be in.  Probably best AAA district in the state.    No doubt Cookeville hasn’t had a lot of success over the years.  I have commented on that many times.  But things have changed and you should know that better than anyone after losing 5 out of the last 6 (or something like that).  We will likely give you a nice going away present this year.   Let’s get it going already...

Last 8 meetings its 4-4. 

It's going to be interesting how they do season tickets year at White County. I've heard some crazy rumors with the covid.

6 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Last 8 meetings its 4-4. 

It's going to be interesting how they do season tickets year at White County. I've heard some crazy rumors with the covid.

It looks like after what I've heard today I'll just have to stream the games from home. Bottom bleachers closed meaning no season ticket(I've had mine 35+ years)sales.  2 tickets for players and cheerleaders parents.