4 Classifications

Redrage4life

30 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

Anyone have an idea what the potential split numbers will be in the new 4 classifications?

Projections I did from most recent enrollments available were:

Class A under 400
AA under 720
AAA under 1164

I'm sure there have been fluctuations in enrollment, opening/closing of charter schools, and some other new schools. Each class should have a number in the low-mid 80's.

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Will be interesting to see where teams like Dyersburg, Peabody, Jackson County and Huntingdon end up since they could go either way.

Agree.

Dyersburg has trended down since 2016. They went from 834 to 729 in two years. If that trend holds they will stay 2A for sure.

Peabody is a coin toss. their enrollment was basically the same with only a few students different from 2016 to 2018.

Jackson co has trended down from 449 to 406. If that continues they will be single A. 

Huntingdon will be close they increased from 330 to 367 in two years if the trend holds they could be 2A.

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Will be interesting to see where teams like Dyersburg, Peabody, Jackson County and Huntingdon end up since they could go either way.

I will also put Dyer County in this conversation. They will be really close. They dropped over 50 students from 16 to 18. If the trend holds they will be one of the largest 3A schools in the state. 

1 hour ago, WhereYouAt said:

I will also put Dyer County in this conversation. They will be really close. They dropped over 50 students from 16 to 18. If the trend holds they will be one of the largest 3A schools in the state. 

Dyer County will be much better off 3 A than having to deal with the Riverdale’s and Blackmon’s of the world in Murfreesboro.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

dang. how many kids is that?

Not really sure I would bet 5a if not 6a in football. I am sure North will have some kids go to Dobyns Bennett and maybe Volunteer. Central may send some to Sullivan East, but overall I would say majority attend the new school. Central has roughly 850-900 kids and same with South. North is anywhere 450-500. So there is a chance it could be really big.