The Commercial Appeal: Tennessee Super 25 prep football preseason poll.

kwc

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

I don’t totally agree with the poll either.  I have a lot of respect for ETN teams, I was happy for Betsy to get over the hump.....but in my opinion it isn’t logical to believe that Greenville, AC, or Betsy could hang with Brentwood Academy or Ravenwood....and they are further down in the poll.  Size and numbers matter, this isn’t basketball, Gene Hackman, or the Hoosiers!:roflol:

No I agree but there is still a few that IMO can't hang with Betsy Greeneville or AC. And there is a reason we have classifications.

5 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

There are a few exceptions to the rule and no team comes to mind better then little ole Alcoa.The team Greeneville had a couple of years ago was one for the ages. Elizabethton has had some special teams as well. Several times a team like  Alcoa,Maryville or a fine Knoxville or Morristown team has been the wall for either Betsy or the Devils.

No argument with history, I was talking about this year and the rankings.  And when I speak of size I am talking player size and number of players.  Alcoa has a huge line and numbers. Brentwood Academy has Two 6’5+ 300lbers that are agile...rest of the line is big as well.... and they have depth...just like Ravenwood.

41 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

No argument with history, I was talking about this year and the rankings.  And when I speak of size I am talking player size and number of players.  Alcoa has a huge line and numbers. Brentwood Academy has Two 6’5+ 300lbers that are agile...rest of the line is big as well.... and they have depth...just like Ravenwood.

No doubt there are some awesome teams in this poll .Many of the debates will take care of themselves when the season or playoffs match some of those teams up.It doesn't matter if the top 3a or 4a teams don't play the best Bigger or private schools.Thats where we have the IFL . That's also why I brought up history and agree with what your saying as well.On any normal year,unless it's a special team like Alcoa or the Devils a couple years ago, it's going to be very hard for 99% of the smaller schools to stay on the field with a Maryville or the best private schools. Simply for the reason you said.Size, depth as well as great coaches and weight training that the best Bigger schools have.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Long time no troll Boog. How’s things at the Pink Pony been treating you. 

and Boog has missed BPM also.......travels have kept Boog silent.....the Irish have started off 1-0.....so life is good today

..was just at the PPP last week...this Zombie virus has shut down the Happy hour and the wet flannel shirt contest...so all them T$$AA and The Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly officials ant got no where to deal cut.....tho they backed out of their openin game gainst McCallie and word is they tryin to avoid that contest gainst Baylor next week

hopin BPM and all his are well

Boog just sayin :thumb:

On 8/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Long time no troll Boog. How’s things at the Pink Pony been treating you. 

• Upvote 1