UC Welcomes UJS To Tornado Alley

Bigsw02

USJ comes into War Memorial Stadium after a very impressive win over a very good NCS team, forcing 5 turnovers with a swarming defense. However, my Tornadoes are ready to Hit Somebody, just like every other team who hasn't had a scrimmage or Jamboree or any other way to gauge where they stand. We have plenty of speed and strong, hard running backs who are looking for some redemption. On defense we swarm to the football and bring a load when we get there. We will have our hands full with the Bruins. I just hope we can play this game. What say you?

• Like 1

USJ dominated the LOS on both sides tonight against a big veteran NCS front. NCS seemed to have more depth, rotating 8-9 guys on the offensive line, but couldn't find a combo to keep our guys out of the QBs face. Conditioning wasn't a big factor as the Bruins seemed to hold up well for 4Q, but cramps were a bit of an issue in the second half for both teams as one might expect in August. Bruins had a good balance of run plays, options, and short passes to keep the sticks moving. Only aired it out a couple of times. Secondary came up with a handful of turnovers thanks in part to the steady pressure from the front seven. NCS had to work hard for yards on the ground as well. No significant injuries, so the Bruins should be healthy for the road trip next week.

Final stats from last night showed total yards USJ 327 (167 pass/160 run) to NCS 51 (70 pass/-19 run). These stats certainly were helped by the opposing QBs' tendency to scramble around backwards under pressure, but also demonstrate a good balanced attack for the Bruins and their ability to defend the run.

9 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Come on Swo.Im trying to stir the pot.Need to get back to my past years posts.I been too relaxed.With not playing,its no fun

I thought I made you cry on the other board. So....I tried to play nice. 

Okay. Let's do it.

Come on up and see the truth of what I have been saying. We are not the same team as the last couple of years. Speed everywhere and strong, hard running backs. Maybe you will see what you are hoping for out of your Falcons.