Week 2 D-B @ Oak Ridge

TribalEmpire

We’ve stayed behind the sticks ALL night long it seems. You cannot win ballgames starting 1st and 15 and 2nd and 20 all night long. Very poor showing by our offense. Credit to DB defense. They definitely came to play. OR wasn’t ready for this game, obviously. Hopefully it will make us better though. DB has a really good all around team, even the punter is great. Cut out the silly penalties and y’all can make some noise in 6A, but you have a long time to work the kinks out. Very impressed with the D. Those boys are very well coached, and when they hit you, you’re going down. Kendall had a few tough runs where he broke some tackles, but not a whole lot. Glad to also see our kids fight till the end. Great game Indians.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, festus said:

Local high school media gurus were talking last night that O.R. wii go to Cookeville championships?  

I’ve not heard anybody say we are going to Cookeville. I mean, it’s the 2nd game of the season and we just played a top team in 6A. There’s a lot of football left to be played and a lot of room for improvement. I remember in 2010 we started really bad, and got thumped by Powell 31-3. I thought we were gonna suck. We ended up making it to the semifinals and lost 38-21 against a Maryville team that won state. You just never know how things will play out.

Edited by SweetScience

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’ve not heard anybody say we are going to Cookeville. I mean, it’s the 2nd game of the season and we just played a top team in 6A. There’s a lot of football left to be played and a lot of room for improvement. I remember in 2010 we started really bad, and got thumped by Powell 31-3. I thought we were gonna suck. We ended up making it to the semifinals and lost 38-21 against a Maryville team that won state. You just never know how things will play out.

Packer was talking about OR as a title contender tonight, along with West and Central. 

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Packer was talking about OR as a title contender tonight, along with West and Central. 

Yeah, one of the teams where that might be a possibility, but I’ve never heard anybody say we’re a shoe in or anything, unless it was an OR homer, ha. But yeah, us, Powell, West, and Central are probably the favorites to come outta the East, I would guess.

Edited by SweetScience