I don’t get it

wow1029

Someone help me out here.Every year it seems some freak storm hits & cancels a game or causes a game to not be finished.Then the 2 teams decide to call it a non game & say it doesn’t matter it is a non region game.All games count region or not & I don’t get why they don’t finish the game another day.In Illinois if that happened the team or teams(depending on the situation) would be fined for not playing the game & face a 1 year playoff banishment.I’ve seen teams play the next day or even Sunday or Monday no matter the travel & don’t feed me the Covid B.S. Claiborne vs Pigeon Forge aren’t making up the game.Stupid 

Edited by wow1029

On 8/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, wow1029 said:

Someone help me out here.Every year it seems some freak storm hits & cancels a game or causes a game to not be finished.Then the 2 teams decide to call it a non game & say it doesn’t matter it is a non region game.All games count region or not & I don’t get why they don’t finish the game another day.In Illinois if that happened the team or teams(depending on the situation) would be fined for not playing the game & face a 1 year playoff banishment.I’ve seen teams play the next day or even Sunday or Monday no matter the travel & don’t feed me the Covid B.S. Claiborne vs Pigeon Forge aren’t making up the game.Stupid 

It's called the Snowflake Generation. 

• Like 1

Unlike Illinois' system, what y'all call “playoff points” are only the fifth tiebreaker in Tennessee. And over the many years I've been calculating playoff possibilities, only twice has there even been the potential (going into the final week) for it to come into play—and one of those was under an old system where it was substantially more likely.

The bottom line is, with the unusual exception of a key team ending on exactly a 4-5 record (where it’s status as a .500-or-better team comes into play), teams not completing games hurt only themselves, and there's no need for the TSSAA to intervene. If we were using the IHSA's system, then I would agree with you.