What happened to the old Rutherford 7AAA powers?

thegreatone36

19 hours ago, chs1984 said:

And even in the 90’s they were tough. Riverdale beat us (Cleveland) soundly at our place in the 92 second round. Our 95 semifinal game at Smyrna remains one of the three best games that I was ever a part of. Talk about a hard fought win. 

In the 90s, Riverdale and Smyrna were pretty much it until the end of the decade where Oakland got it's act together for a few years

Blackman misses Shad but the biggest thing I saw was Blackman don't have any stud players  the last 2 seasons.  Alcoa was way more talented.  I remember how good the 2013 team was. It wasn't just Juwan Jennings.  Their Linebackers  and Running Backs were really good.  Even the 2015 and 16 teams that Maryville hammered they had Master Teague, The DB that went to USC and the receiver that went to Arkansas.  

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

Blackman misses Shad but the biggest thing I saw was Blackman don't have any stud players  the last 2 seasons.  Alcoa was way more talented.  I remember how good the 2013 team was. It wasn't just Juwan Jennings.  Their Linebackers  and Running Backs were really good.  Even the 2015 and 16 teams that Maryville hammered they had Master Teague, The DB that went to USC and the receiver that went to Arkansas.  

Biggest thing that Blackman misses is an identity. When you played Blackman under Shad, you knew that you were gonna have to control the line of scrimmage to have any chance to win. It feels like Blackman just hopes something sticks enough to win the game. Their talent is as such where they will continue to be decent-good every year, but they'll never be to the level of Maryville, Oakland, Whitehaven, etc

On 8/24/2020 at 12:31 PM, Red Rebels said:

So private schools have student buses? This is the first I've ever heard of this. I don't think any do this in East TN.

In the Chattanooga area, both McCallie, Baylor and other private schools travel to Cleveland daily to pick up in the morning and drop off in the afternoon. Been doing it for YEARS! There are over 25 private schools in Chattanooga. The majority are smaller but most play football. Baylor and McCallie have been stealing the talent from Cleveland relentlessly. Thats why they are hated around here.