Shelby County Schools

mondo44

27 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Here is a link from my official twitter page:

Honestly, lots of folks are distrustful of TSSAA's TRUE mission, myself included. I've been expectantly waiting to see who would be the first to fall out of step and if anyone would follow for a handful of years now... what caught me off guard was that color was designated as the primary reason for Tennessee's largest system to be examining the possibility of existing without TSSAA's structure. If SCBOE wants to be taken seriously, and for other disgruntled systems to consider their options as well, they need to expose the more prevalent shortcomings, not just "playing the race card". 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Honestly, lots of folks are distrustful of TSSAA's TRUE mission, myself included. I've been expectantly waiting to see who would be the first to fall out of step and if anyone would follow for a handful of years now... what caught me off guard was that color was designated as the primary reason for Tennessee's largest system to be examining the possibility of existing without TSSAA's structure. If SCBOE wants to be taken seriously, and for other disgruntled systems to consider their options as well, they need to expose the more prevalent shortcomings, not just "playing the race card". 

It’s always easier to play the race card victim... that’s what’s in style these days!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I read this.  You would be on an island sir.  Play by the rules like everybody else.  

Yeah I'm not sure what their plan would be all by themselves in the far corner of the state.  Believe me, I've not always agreed with the TSSAA on everything, but I applaud and appreciate them for going to bat for these kids that deserve and have earned some normalcy in football.

16 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Would like to hear from Shelby County fans regarding the statement from Superintendent Dr. Ray regarding the TSSAA

I respect Dr. Ray's thoughts and it's slick my sentiments. My fellow Whitehaven alum is tired of the constant Uncooperative ways of TSSAA and WE in Memphis would be better served playing folks in our Tri-state area, OUR OWN area and nationally where we can. Especially as it concerns Basketball. I'll hang up and listen and maybe read the full statement as I just mainly read the CA's article.  

However, let me state that I hav

17 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Would like to hear from Shelby County fans regarding the statement from Superintendent Dr. Ray regarding the TSSAA

I can understand the POV. I don't see the end game. However, let me state, Like BHS, I've only read the article in the CA. I haven't done any research on the matter. I'm going to listen to Dr. Ray on 92.9 FM on the Jason and John show at about 11:45 AM this morning.

Edited by kwc