Shelby County schools exploring leaving the TSSAA

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

#Let them go. 

+1

9 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I guess they would rather just have a city or county championship and pat each other on the back. Freaking sad

Transfer ruling didnt go their way, then they claimed racism on other unrelated matters it looks like.

#Let them go.

Wrote Ray: "As the leader of the state’s largest school district, I have grown increasingly concerned by the TSSAA’s inattention to equity and the impact of antiquated rules and regulations that penalize our students, particularly students of color from disadvantaged homes and neighborhoods."

I've seen many kids from disadvantaged homes in my town as well, didnt need to blame TSSAA for it.

Edited by Imthayeti

Just now, Imthayeti said:

+1

Transfer ruling didnt go their way, then they claimed racism on other unrelated matters it looks like.

#Let them go.

If the TSSAA were to cater to their demands then the whole system would collapse. Could you imagine the recruiting that some public schools would do. It would be total chaos. Them basically calling the TSSAA racist is a joke. The TSSAA may be many things but it's not racist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

If the TSSAA were to cater to their demands then the whole system would collapse. Could you imagine the recruiting that some public schools would do. It would be total chaos. Them basically calling the TSSAA racist is a joke. The TSSAA may be many things but it's not racist.

I agree, honestly I've never had more confidence in the TSSAA than I have this year. They did their part, the rest is up to us as school systems, communities, families, and even the kids. Everyone can contribute and you can contribute without blaming someone else.

• Upvote 3