Greeneville & Daniel Boone

DevilMan03

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

But that was Powell not Boone. :-o

Boone looked really good tonight. They didn’t make a lot of mistake and they never quit. They’re not going to be an easy team to beat. They have great size, speed, and showed some toughness. They are a well coached team and the OC did a great job on the play calling. It would not surprise me if they win out in the regular season and finish at the top in R1 5a, and then make a solid run in the playoffs.  I believe #75 is Jr. and he played great on the Oline; looks like he could potentially be a D1 prospect if he keeps playing like he played tonight.  Do not under estimate Boone; they are very solid!

Edited by Romansfive8

Congratulations to Boone on a well played Game. They are going to have a very good season. Hate that their Great Linebacker/ running back suffered a injury. He is a very good football player. Best of luck to the Blazers moving forward. As for the Devil's there is lots of work to do to get better. Got to watch the film correct some of the mistakes that were made and work hard in practice. Still a lot of game's to be played next week starts district play got to get better there is a lot of talent on the team but it is young talent for sure. They will be a better team after tonight. 

Edited by Greendevil87

2 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

1st round really ? So you are predicting Greeneville to finish 4th in their District ?

It’s a typical response from Anderson County people. From what I see and I know it’s early AC will have there hands full in the first round with any team they play if the win that weak conference as they probably will.

They won’t play Betsy , best team in the conference but if for some strange reason Betsy finished 4th in the conference and it is 2020 so who knows , they would beat AC by 30 

Greenville  losing one game to Daniel Boone and AC thinks that they are done !!!! Give me a break . We all know what would happen to AC if Greenville somehow finished fourth !!! Beat down for AC 

South just beat Cherokee 35-0 and gave up 13 total yards . Still early , but they looked tough 

Central is 2-0 for the first time in 20 years and have some good players. Still early but they look good 
I can’t wait for someone to roll into cow field and be the favorite as a 4 seed lol 

1 hour ago, kr1416 said:

It’s a typical response from Anderson County people. From what I see and I know it’s early AC will have there hands full in the first round with any team they play if the win that weak conference as they probably will.

They won’t play Betsy , best team in the conference but if for some strange reason Betsy finished 4th in the conference and it is 2020 so who knows , they would beat AC by 30 

Greenville  losing one game to Daniel Boone and AC thinks that they are done !!!! Give me a break . We all know what would happen to AC if Greenville somehow finished fourth !!! Beat down for AC 

South just beat Cherokee 35-0 and gave up 13 total yards . Still early , but they looked tough 

Central is 2-0 for the first time in 20 years and have some good players. Still early but they look good 
I can’t wait for someone to roll into cow field and be the favorite as a 4 seed lol 

Boone was taken down by CAK early and then Boone took down Greenville in late drive. Early yes but we will see. Greenville will get a rebuilding Union next week under new head coach. So easy schedule for the Devils of which is not a good test or practice. I get it Greenville is down this year and that's OK. But to say AC will be beat early in playoffs is really off the mark. Among whom just played a great Powell team that beat a good Beech team. This new AC schedule ranks higher then Greenville schedule. The Mavs will only grow and get better because they have balance. Greenville will limp to playoffs with the easy schedule then head home. Greenville is always good but they are just not that good this year.

7 hours ago, BVDevil said:

SPRADLEN WILL BE FINE HOHMASTER.....CONGRATS TO BLAZER AND ALL THE OTHER BOONE FANS AND PLAYERS ESPECIALLY DEVIN WHITE.....FEEL HORRIBLE FOR THAT KID AND FAM\ILY. HE'S A BALLER...JUST A GREAT GREAT GREAT WIN FOR BOONE BUT MY DEVILS AND MY BUDDY SPRADLEN WILL BOUNCE BACK AND BE FINE.....BALLARD LOST HIS FIRST GAME TOO....SEEMS LIKE HE WORKED OUT JUST FINE

When you making a video BVD? I’m new to coach T but always came on to see what everyone is saying. I was just poking fun because I thought that is what AC and Greenville fans does. Greenville will be fine. They should finish season 6 and 3 or 6and 4 because I don’t think they will find a easy team to get that win to replace Powell game. IMO we will see Greenville 2nd rd and Betsy 3rd. Let’s just hope we all get to that point. 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:09 PM, BatmanLives said:

I'll take a Devil victory by any amount. I  wouldn't say it's over if the Devils don't beat Boone by a large amount or even a very tight game either way.Who knows exactly how good anyone is at this point. I remember an early game several years ago and many thought  there was no way for a championship.

No I'm not shocked by it being a close game that went either way.The reason being that Boone had already played a game against what I thought might be a fairly good team and had a week to fix some things.The one thing however that didn't set well was the amount of points put on the Devils.I didn't even get to check the scores until all the games were long over last night. So,I have no idea what happened besides what little I read.This was huge for Elizabethton to see on film and we will know a lot about the power Betsy has after they play Boone.That said, remember that won't be Betsy's first game .I can understand the folks  in AC and every else thinking the Devil's are wounded and easy to take down this year but let's give that a few weeks and see where everything is . Nothing has changed ,I still think Elizabethton is the team to beat this year until someone proves me wrong in 4A. Doesn't matter if your 1st runner up or Somewhere in the earlier rounds,the results are the same when it comes to being the champs.

Being at the game and seeing everything I seen. I hate to see Gville fans saying Boone is a Really good team and there gonna be tough to beat. We got straight up owned on the Defensive line. As soon as we punted the ball I looked over at someone and said that’s ball game. We haven't stopped there run game all night and we ain’t gonna stop them now.  We just gave them the game . Sure enough I was right.  What Spradlen Was thinking not calling a couple time outs when Boone was on the 1 yard line ill never know. We could have gotten the ball left with around 1:20 left instead of 24.8 seconds. Not sure who has more to learn this week the players or the Coaches. I would like to see more passing plays myself. I hope I’m wrong but I can see a few more losses coming our way. 
Sry to be a Honest Devil fan. 

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and I’ll admit I don’t know anything about Boone. I have, however, followed Greeneville and NE 4A football fairly close since the year we met the Devils in Cookeville. Ballard built the program to what it is, and any new coach will have hiccups in their first game whether it be due to nerves or just inexperience being the final decision maker. I wouldn’t be too worried as a Devil fan yet. This was game 1 for a brand new coach and fairly young team without any preseason scrimmages with other teams or a jamboree. The old saying is a team usually improves the most from game one to game two of any season. I would look for Greeneville to come out on fire next week, and until they lose two or three games, they are still one of the two best teams in 4A in NE TN with Betsy. No disrespect to AC, but until they beat one of those two they are number three. Just my two cents, and I hope Springfield can meet one of those three teams again in Cookeville this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Payton34 said:

When you making a video BVD? I’m new to coach T but always came on to see what everyone is saying. I was just poking fun because I thought that is what AC and Greenville fans does. Greenville will be fine. They should finish season 6 and 3 or 6and 4 because I don’t think they will find a easy team to get that win to replace Powell game. IMO we will see Greenville 2nd rd and Betsy 3rd. Let’s just hope we all get to that point. 

ITS UPLOADING NOW....not one im proud of, cause i slapped it together in about 4 hours. I wont be making the trip to union next week because this year is ofcourse very different from others. While it sucks that i wont be traveling with the team this year, its the best decision for all involved. What sucks most for me is I was really looking forward to Spradlens first year as HC and I wont get to enjoy it as closely as i would in a "Normal" year. After one game, I have no less confidence in what this team is capable of, than i did before it started. Im not gona feed yall the bull some other devil fans might, and say this was a great boone team. Boone is always a tough scrappy team that isnt afraid to hit you. This game is the classic case of " If you let them hang around"...Greeneville is 3 to 4 touchdowns better than boone on most nights, just not this one. Our Kicking game is got a TON of work to do.....My biggest hope for THIS year is that we make it to the playoffs.....and i mean litterally  MAKE IT , as in the season lasting that long....GO DEVILS, Toppers, come get you some.