Greeneville & Daniel Boone

DevilMan03

5 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well....spoken and so true. Do you think that Spinach will get tested this week? And I hate to hear that someone was injured but not sure which team they were on? If it was Boone that might not be help playing against Betsy.

Maverick the game is next week because Betsy has there off week this week.

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well....spoken and so true. Do you think that Spinach will get tested this week? And I hate to hear that someone was injured but not sure which team they were on? If it was Boone that might not be help playing against Betsy.

I wasn't surprised as much this past week being Greeneville's first game as I would be for Elizabethton to see that and not be extra prepared.I don't see Boone hanging 35 on Betsy's backups late in the game.Not saying it wouldn't make me feel better about what kind of team Boone has. I just think the Devil's have some work to do right now and Boone was good enough to exploit that.

16 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I wasn't surprised as much this past week being Greeneville's first game as I would be for Elizabethton to see that and not be extra prepared.I don't see Boone hanging 35 on Betsy's backups late in the game.Not saying it wouldn't make me feel better about what kind of team Boone has. I just think the Devil's have some work to do right now and Boone was good enough to exploit that.

Batman the Devils are young and you know as well as I do this team will only get better as the year goes on and they have the right coaches to get the job done.

18 hours ago, lawnman said:

Swipes what is your take on the Devils performance on Friday night.

Let's just say I think we have a lot of work to do on the Defensive side of the ball.  Everyone who has seen me post on here knows I believe the game is always won at the line of scrimmage and our D line did not play like a typical Greene Devil Line. When they line up and run the ball 64 times for 271 yards I wouldn't want to be at practice today because sure it will be intense. The offense put up 34 points in the first game  and had good numbers (9-12 passing for 255 yards and 3 TD's and Gudger had 11 carries for 102 yards) so O wasn't the problem.  I'm sure Spradlen will have them ready but still work to do in my opinion lawman.  Greeneville is young with only 9 seniors and only 5 start and another senior rotating.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swipes said:

Let's just say I think we have a lot of work to do on the Defensive side of the ball.  Everyone who has seen me post on here knows I believe the game is always won at the line of scrimmage and our D line did not play like a typical Greene Devil Line. When they line up and run the ball 64 times for 271 yards I wouldn't want to be at practice today because sure it will be intense. The offense put up 34 points in the first game  and had good numbers (9-12 passing for 255 yards and 3 TD's and Gudger had 11 carries for 102 yards) so O wasn't the problem.  I'm sure Spradlen will have them ready but still work to do in my opinion lawman.  Greeneville is young with only 9 seniors and only 5 start and another senior rotating.

One thing that has always been true about Greeneville football.Some of the down right toughest young men have been on their teams, especially on defense. That might have something to do with pride,or just in the water.I remember an old Greeneville team that couldn't hardly take a snap on offense without  turnovers until the defense was completely destroyed with injuries later in the season.That team won two games but never gave up 35 points.I wouldn't want to be practicing today either.

15 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

One thing that has always been true about Greeneville football.Some of the down right toughest young men have been on their teams, especially on defense. That might have something to do with pride,or just in the water.I remember an old Greeneville team that couldn't hardly take a snap on offense without  turnovers until the defense was completely destroyed with injuries later in the season.That team won two games but never gave up 35 points.I wouldn't want to be practicing today either.

Thats definitely true about toughness and pride for a Greene Devil defense BatmanDevil.  My senior year myself and the other starting MLB where the biggest starters on the D at 205lbs and our D line only Avg. 185lb but where tough and mean as snot.  We avg. giving up 14 points a game with the starters in after 13 games in the old IMAC.  We weren't big but you had a swarm of Devils around you every play and felt it the next day.

45 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Thats definitely true about toughness and pride for a Greene Devil defense BatmanDevil.  My senior year myself and the other starting MLB where the biggest starters on the D at 205lbs and our D line only Avg. 185lb but where tough and mean as snot.  We avg. giving up 14 points a game with the starters in after 13 games in the old IMAC.  We weren't big but you had a swarm of Devils around you every play and felt it the next day.

Just something special about being a Devil linebacker.My dad once ask coach how I was doing and he responded they had a problem with me. My dad said what  is it ! Then  coach told him that I  was the nicest kid in school but when I put on the helmet, he was afraid I was going to kill one of my own teammates before the season started. I was around your size and in the 10th as a starter.I guess you can say girls replaced my love of football during the off season.I was still ask to play at the next level but didn't have the heart anymore.If your going to play football for the Devils,you must have the heart or just step away because it's all or nothing to wear those colors.

11 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Welp... Health Dept shut down Union for their next two games.  Greeneville is now looking for a game.

May end up being like the Few years of Devil football history.They played about five games and only three different teams a couple of years.One of those years they played the same team three times.