Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

Rumor is Metro Davidson County Schools is ready to pull the plug on football season. It’s a dang shame students are being put into a political mess right now. There are students in those schools that use football as their motivation just to get their high school diploma. Cooper and the director of Metro Schools are both clowns.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, District12AA said:

So Buck Fitzgerald is on Twitter rallying the troops for nothing then?? If anyone has an investment in Metro football it is Buck.

I don't know who's doing what. But until its announced it's still a rumor as of right now. But to start a whole tread off a rumor that's all I'm saying. 

6 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I don't know who's doing what. But until its announced it's still a rumor as of right now. But to start a whole tread off a rumor that's all I'm saying. 

Except every major media outlet in Nashville that covers High School athletics is covering the story. 104.5 The Zone will have Mayor Cooper on at 9:45 tomorrow and he will get asked about it.

Looks like Metro Football is about to become the Big Ten.

9 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Except every major media outlet in Nashville that covers High School athletics is covering the story. 104.5 The Zone will have Mayor Cooper on at 9:45 tomorrow and he will get asked about it.

Looks like Metro Football is about to become the Big Ten.

So you should take rumor off and just put metro is pulling the plug tomorrow!!!

1 hour ago, TnBear said:

Some schools are wanting to pull away from the TSSSAA

7 hours ago, District12AA said:

Rumor is Metro Davidson County Schools is ready to pull the plug on football season. It’s a dang shame students are being put into a political mess right now. There are students in those schools that use football as their motivation just to get their high school diploma. Cooper and the director of Metro Schools are both clowns.

Same guy who was encouraging protests on the streets a couple of months ago. TN got some encouraging numbers yesterday too. 

If this rumor is true (and there must be some validity to it if this many people know} it is very sad for all the players that have been practicing daily since 2nd week in July . Games are being played in counties bordering Nashville and privates inside Nashville are playing and no problems have been discussed. Numbers in Nashville are reported going down. Sad to think politics or any agenda is responsible for this decision. Logistically I do see where metro would have  difficulty playing home games with all the new requirements and having enough people to implement them. I just hurt for all the players who have basically been lied to.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fb247 said:

If this rumor is true (and there must be some validity to it if this many people know} it is very sad for all the players that have been practicing daily since 2nd week in July . Games are being played in counties bordering Nashville and privates inside Nashville are playing and no problems have been discussed. Numbers in Nashville are reported going down. Sad to think politics or any agenda is responsible for this decision. Logistically I do see where metro would have  difficulty playing home games with all the new requirements and having enough people to implement them. I just hurt for all the players who have basically been lied to.  

Cooper needs to be recalled. Disgraceful!

• Like 4