Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

28 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Why did Giles Co not hold up their end of the handshake with Gallatin since y’all have so many open dates?  

Gallatin has 3 more Metro teams on the schedule . Hunters lane , Hillwood and Glencliff ...If metro season is cancelled I hope we can find replacement teams > If thats the case my heart goes out to all the young men in Davidson county  who love the game of football ! 

Gallatin and Beech need to pick up games with Giles County and Green Hill or LaVergne, Smyrna, and Stewarts Creek if Metro cannot play.  Those 5A, 3A, and 6A regions will be impacted greatly because they are mainly comprised of Metro-Nashville Schools.  Also the teams in Region 4-4A that play Maplewood will also be looking.  

9 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Gallatin and Beech need to pick up games with Giles County and Green Hill or LaVergne, Smyrna, and Stewarts Creek if Metro cannot play.  Those 5A, 3A, and 6A regions will be impacted greatly because they are mainly comprised of Metro-Nashville Schools.  Also the teams in Region 4-4A that play Maplewood will also be looking.  

We had things worked out but apparently some teams have backed out of the agreements.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CatDaddy1 said:

Giles Co doesn't want anything given to them like that . This whole situation sucks for every Metro team but it also sucks for Giles Co . After tonight ,unless coach gets us more teams to play , we don't have another  game until Sept 25th and only 3 in October and that sucks for our seniors . Again it REALLY sucks for the metro teams but trust me we had rather try and run the gauntlet of Region 5 3A , in my opinion one of,if not the toughest region   in high school football in the state .Playing teams like PC, EAST , Stratford and the rest is what makes us better . Maybe the powers that run Nashville  will get things figured out and Metro can play . Doesn't look good but maybe......

I can respect that! My apologies to Giles real fans. Everytime someone post something about a opportunity for metro to play, that poster comes and shoots it down. Then made a tread on 3A boards about Giles being the first playoff team in 2020. Just seem like he was rubbing metro downfall in, and that didn't sit well with me. But yeah this would be terrible for metro seniors if their season gets canceled!!!

13 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I never said the man was perfect. Had no choice to raise taxes due to the reckless spending of his predecessors and the pandemic. I wasn't a fan of it being that high, but it's still on par with being one of the lowest taxes cities for it's size. Your really gonna blame him for doing the sensible thing in shutting the city down and promote a protest on an issue that's gone on in this country since it's founding? Come on. Do I want the kids to play? I do, but I understand why they exercise caution. I'm a lifelong conservative, but not gonna vote Republican out of some warped sense of loyalty

Everybody talks about mortality rates, but nobody talks about the potential for the kids to get their own family infected. You don't have to die from this to have your quality of life altered.

THE STUPID LOCKDOWNS AFFECTED QUALITY OF LIFE AND KILLED PEOPLE YOU ABSOLUTE MORON

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I can respect that! My apologies to Giles real fans. Everytime someone post something about a opportunity for metro to play, that poster comes and shoots it down. Then made a tread on 3A boards about Giles being the first playoff team in 2020. Just seem like he was rubbing metro downfall in, and that didn't sit well with me. But yeah this would be terrible for metro seniors if their season gets canceled!!!

I know the poster and he has a great respect for your program. Trust me, he wasn't slighting P-C in any way.

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I never said the man was perfect. Had no choice to raise taxes due to the reckless spending of his predecessors and the pandemic. I wasn't a fan of it being that high, but it's still on par with being one of the lowest taxes cities for it's size. Your really gonna blame him for doing the sensible thing in shutting the city down and promote a protest on an issue that's gone on in this country since it's founding? Come on. Do I want the kids to play? I do, but I understand why they exercise caution. I'm a lifelong conservative, but not gonna vote Republican out of some warped sense of loyalty

Everybody talks about mortality rates, but nobody talks about the potential for the kids to get their own family infected. You don't have to die from this to have your quality of life altered.

You have to be a democratic moron to say that the democratic mayor had no choice but to raise taxes. All dummycrats think taxes should be raised as long as they don’t have to pay them and most don’t!  The moronic mayor of Nashville is in lock step with all the other dem mayors and governors. They will absolutely ruin our country to regain power.  As a teenager you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than you do of dying from COVID!  

• Like 2

Hats off to Coach Fitzgerald and other coaches/players for speaking on behalf of the Metro student athletes, coaches and families this afternoon.  These kids deserve a chance to play. 

Guess what?  Football a dangerous sport.  All the kids and their parents who choose to play this game are taking a risk of serious injury every time they step on the field.  They have a choice to play or to not play.  Those who are worried that they may transmit the virus to their family should sit the season out.  

If Metro schools remain virtual for an extended period of time, grant these young men and women an opportunity to play Volleyball, Soccer, Band, Cheer and Football if they choose to take the risk.  

• Like 1

I like HS ball....went to my first game last night.  It was great until the lightning.  Since it was available, I had the right to purchase tickets and attend.  But, as someone who has had to work with budgets and risk assessment/management, I see why metro has this stand.  I don’t know the number, but let’s say 13 teams combine for 400 kids wanting to play. 399 may have no issue, but that one does: lawsuit.  20 or more- class action case.  If we don’t like the proposed 34% property tax discussion, wait until this is added.

I had the right to go to the game last night.

Little Jimmy’s parents will have the right to sue.  Even if the virus was contracted elsewhere, the legal costs, investigations, etc. would pile up.

And before I’m lit up on this forum, I am coming from a business point of view and not Fox or CNN.  

It is very easy to arm-chair QB when it’s not you on the line.

• Like 1