3. Hardin County (1)                    1-0          101

4. Greeneville (1)                         0-0           85

5. Marshall County                      0-0           73

6. Haywood County                     0-1           62    

7. East Hamilton                          1-0           53

8. Tullahoma                                1-0           41

9. Springfield                                1-0           38

10. Lexington                                1-0           25

Others receiving 12 or more points: none.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I'm no Springfield Yellow Jackets fan, but how are they 9th? They have been in the 4A Title Game 2 out of the last 3 years. They have a lot of their team back this year too. Time will tell the story. 

I'm a Greeneville fan and think they are to low also.  They beat both Haywood and Hardin County last year and do return quite a bit.  Whoever gave Hardin County a first place vote needs to have their voting privileges  taken away......

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'm a Greeneville fan and think they are to low also.  They beat both Haywood and Hardin County last year and do return quite a bit.  Whoever gave Hardin County a first place vote needs to have their voting privileges  taken away......

I can see a good debate with Elizabethton and AC ahead....but Hardin County in front of Greenville?  HMMMM.....

3 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

I can see a good debate with Elizabethton and AC ahead....but Hardin County in front of Greenville?  HMMMM.....

The Fact that AC is even ahead of Greeneville at this point is questionable. (Yes I know they beat up on old Clinton and have Powell tonight).  The last time AC beat Greeneville was back in 2005.  In the last Five meetings AC has had a chance to beat Greeneville once in 2017 Play Off game, all the other games where 2TD's or more Wins with Greeneville avg beating the Mavs on their turf by 28 points.  

Greeneville returns there top Passer, Rusher, and Wr's to go with 3 starting lineman and a new OC who was the OC under Ballard before taking a head coaching job.  Offense creativity was what lacked last year and gave Betsy their 2 best games in the regular season and play-offs.  Should be fun to see how everything unfolds and making it through this season

23 minutes ago, Swipes said:

The Fact that AC is even ahead of Greeneville at this point is questionable. (Yes I know they beat up on old Clinton and have Powell tonight).  The last time AC beat Greeneville was back in 2005.  In the last Five meetings AC has had a chance to beat Greeneville once in 2017 Play Off game, all the other games where 2TD's or more Wins with Greeneville avg beating the Mavs on their turf by 28 points.  

Greeneville returns there top Passer, Rusher, and Wr's to go with 3 starting lineman and a new OC who was the OC under Ballard before taking a head coaching job.  Offense creativity was what lacked last year and gave Betsy their 2 best games in the regular season and play-offs.  Should be fun to see how everything unfolds and making it through this season

I think between the 3 headed dragon where Betsy and the Mavs have came in second and 3rd. I think it feels like this is the first year that Greeneville will have it to prove. Coming off 2 loses last year to Betsy even though they were close and actually could have went either way depending on how you look at it. The media tends to favor the recent past who knows but that is my take. I have a feeling Greeneville may may be less than perfect this year. But again it may be the media rankings that have me thinking that way. I think we may find some more meaning as to where AC could rank in tonight's game against Powell.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

4 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I'm no Springfield Yellow Jackets fan, but how are they 9th? They have been in the 4A Title Game 2 out of the last 3 years. They have a lot of their team back this year too. Time will tell the story. 

As a Springfield fan it is all good as far as we are concerned, we always earn our mettle come playoff time anyway. To be fair Hardin Co, does return a really good QB and one of the top ranked TEs in the country so I expect them to be tough. Haywood returned quite a bit from last year as well, I am sure it will be a dog fight as usual between all of us in the west...

4 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

37 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

As a Springfield fan it is all good as far as we are concerned, we always earn our mettle come playoff time anyway. To be fair Hardin Co, does return a really good QB and one of the top ranked TEs in the country so I expect them to be tough. Haywood returned quite a bit from last year as well, I am sure it will be a dog fight as usual between all of us in the west...

The polls don’t matter to Springfield fans at all. Yes, it would be nice to be higher ranked but that’s why I love high school football. The champion is decided on the field. I sincerely expect the Jackets to be playing at Hardin County in the quarter finals to see who plays at Haywood County in the semis to decide the winner of the West bracket in 4A. 

One could always ask Wilson Central how high Springfield should be ranked, :roflol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

The polls don’t matter to Springfield fans at all. Yes, it would be nice to be higher ranked but that’s why I love high school football. The champion is decided on the field. I sincerely expect the Jackets to be playing at Hardin County in the quarter finals to see who plays at Haywood County in the semis to decide the winner of the West bracket in 4A. 

One could always ask Wilson Central how high Springfield should be ranked, :roflol:

I agree polls don’t mattter. I am a Hardin County fan and no way would I put them ahead of the Jackets in a poll. I mean they knocked HC out of the playoffs two yrs in a row. I got much respect for Springfield! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I agree polls don’t mattter. I am a Hardin County fan and no way would I put them ahead of the Jackets in a poll. I mean they knocked HC out of the playoffs two yrs in a row. I got much respect for Springfield! 

Likewise, we have respect for you guys as well, in no way our we overlooking HC, looking forward to a potential match up in the playoffs...