Region 6A 2020/2021 Early Outlook

WestTNHoopsFan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This will be the last year for this Region before the reclass to 4 classes.

Who wins District 11?

Big Sandy - Clarksburg - Hollow Rock-Bruceton - Huntingdon - McKenzie - West Carroll

Who wins District 12?

Collinwood - Frank Hughes - Loretto - Perry County - summertown - Wayne County

Who plays for Region Championship?

District 11: Huntingdon - McKenzie... Don't know

District 12 Loretto - Summertown - Collinwood... 

District 12 will sweep this region and have 2 teams go to sub state

On 8/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, maddams said:

This region probably comes down to Loretto and Summertown.  Loretto has the best A player in the state.  Summertown brings everybody back including their leading scorer who went down with an ACL last December.  Huntingdon and Mckenzie will be well coached and will compete.

Huntingdon brings back the top defensive player in region 6 in Brooklyn Williams plus 3 point ace Brooke Butler. We got a bunch of young bigs that need to grow up quick. Should be a pretty competitive team by tournament time.

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon brings back the top defensive player in region 6 in Brooklyn Williams plus 3 point ace Brooke Butler. We got a bunch of young bigs that need to grow up quick. Should be a pretty competitive team by tournament time.

District 11: McKenzie, Huntingdon then West carroll

District 12; Loreto, Summertown

I think Huntingdon wins their district with McKenzie close behind. I am going with Summertown to win their district with Loretto behind them. I have Summertown winning the Region. Too much talent. Loretto and Huntingdon will battle it for the number two spot. Know Huntingdon has some new players and they may reload somewhat  Loretto we know will be tough. 

Edited by pioneer42

42 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I think Huntingdon wins their district with McKenzie close behind. I am going with Summertown to win their district with Loretto behind them. I have Summertown winning the Region. Too much talent. Loretto and Huntingdon will battle it for the number two spot. Know Huntingdon has some new players and they may reload somewhat  Loretto we know will be tough. 

I don’t know enough about district 11 to comment on them but I can’t believe any of them could beat loretto or summertown. I think they are both top 5 with clarkrange, Pickett co and Gibson co. 

7 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I don’t know enough about district 11 to comment on them but I can’t believe any of them could beat loretto or summertown. I think they are both top 5 with clarkrange, Pickett co and Gibson co. 

That is the five I have as well with Union City close behind. I heard Huntingdon had a couple of Henry County girls move in. I don’t know who but I know Henry County had a couple or three solid ball players last year. Loretto would be my pick right now but I would like to see who Huntingdon trots out opening night. Huntingdon is a well coached outfit. They knocked an excellent Summertown team out last year. Summertown has a lot of talent. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

That is the five I have as well with Union City close behind. I heard Huntingdon had a couple of Henry County girls move in. I don’t know who but I know Henry County had a couple or three solid ball players last year. Loretto would be my pick right now but I would like to see who Huntingdon trots out opening night. Huntingdon is a well coached outfit. They knocked an excellent Summertown team out last year. Summertown has a lot of talent. 

I haven't heard anyone from HC transfer to Huntingdon but I will ask my sources. I know Henry county had one girl compete in the best of the best showcase that went on this past weekend and they do have some young talent. The issue for Huntingdon this time around is they don't have the leadership at point guard with Fuller and they don't have the post/ defense Stallworth like Adyn Swenson or Tyasia Reed. Those three players were experienced and were great ball players. Huntingdon does have Williams, Butler and Addison returning though. I think the Fillies will have growing pains early, but they should get it all sorted out come tournament time. 

McKenzie is working hard to get in shape with some tough conditioning happening now and up until the season starts. Wilkins flat out told the girls... the reason why yall couldn't get over the hump last year is because everybody  wasn't in game shape. McKenzie should be a whole different ball team this year watch out District 11 and region 6.

21 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I haven't heard anyone from HC transfer to Huntingdon but I will ask my sources. I know Henry county had one girl compete in the best of the best showcase that went on this past weekend and they do have some young talent. The issue for Huntingdon this time around is they don't have the leadership at point guard with Fuller and they don't have the post/ defense Stallworth like Adyn Swenson or Tyasia Reed. Those three players were experienced and were great ball players. Huntingdon does have Williams, Butler and Addison returning though. I think the Fillies will have growing pains early, but they should get it all sorted out come tournament time. 

You may be right with Huntingdon. Might be a rumor that won’t happen. McKenzie will be well coached for sure. I do think McKenzie and Huntingdon will be a battle this year for sure.