Region 6A 2020/2021 Early Outlook

WestTNHoopsFan

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You may be right with Huntingdon. Might be a rumor that won’t happen. McKenzie will be well coached for sure. I do think McKenzie and Huntingdon will be a battle this year for sure. 

The Henry Co transfers are good to go. Sophomore and freshman. Older girl I hear will start. Haven't seen her but I hear good things. Long young lady.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, rebelman101 said:

I haven't heard anyone from HC transfer to Huntingdon but I will ask my sources. I know Henry county had one girl compete in the best of the best showcase that went on this past weekend and they do have some young talent. The issue for Huntingdon this time around is they don't have the leadership at point guard with Fuller and they don't have the post/ defense Stallworth like Adyn Swenson or Tyasia Reed. Those three players were experienced and were great ball players. Huntingdon does have Williams, Butler and Addison returning though. I think the Fillies will have growing pains early, but they should get it all sorted out come tournament time. 

Rebel man think brother plays for Bethel.

3 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

The Henry Co transfers are good to go. Sophomore and freshman. Older girl I hear will start. Haven't seen her but I hear good things. Long young lady.

There you go. We have girls from Henry County that play in our Fall League that can play. Will be interesting to see us all once we start playing.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:58 AM, Croppygenius said:

Rebel man think brother plays for Bethel.

Yes he is a freshmen this year and can ball too. The family is a pretty good basketball family. The oldest sister is at Dyersburg state and she is racking up some offers rn from D1 and D2 schools. I have seen the sophomore play and she is good. She has great size and is a great shooter. This is a great pickup for the Fillies.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Vandychris said:

I have more questions now. Is Summertown THAT good or is Huntingtondon not as good as advertised? 

Summertown is a very solid team, Huntingdon is a work in progress. Fillies lost their best 3 players from last years team. We start 3 seniors, the rest of the roster are sophomores and freshmen. We need to develop some leadership on the court. Fillies will improve but probably not enough to beat Summertown or Loretto or for that matter Mckenzie.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Summertown is a very solid team, Huntingdon is a work in progress. Fillies lost their best 3 players from last years team. We start 3 seniors, the rest of the roster are sophomores and freshmen. We need to develop some leadership on the court. Fillies will improve but probably not enough to beat Summertown or Loretto or for that matter Mckenzie.

Fillies need to improve a lot defensively from what I have seen the first two games.  Fillies played two very good teams to start season so they shouldn’t panic, they will be fine.   I agree good young talent to go along with a good senior class that will get much better by end of season.  The games with Mckenzie this season will be some good ones.  

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

Fillies need to improve a lot defensively from what I have seen the first two games.  Fillies played two very good teams to start season so they shouldn’t panic, they will be fine.   I agree good young talent to go along with a good senior class that will get much better by end of season.  The games with Mckenzie this season will be some good ones.  

True. I think Wilkins is still trying to figure out the pieces. It’s hard to figure out through the first 2 games because of the early foul trouble. Most of that is moving their feet to get into position. It’s a sophomore heavy team and they will get it together as the season moves on. TCA and Summertown girls are a tough way to start.