Elizabethton (2-0) @ Daniel Boone (1-1)

EHSTrack06

44 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Just going by the opponents they've played I'll say Betsy wins easily. Greeneville's way down this year and Tenn. High isn't very good at all. Science Hill probably has the best offense in North East Tn. and Betsy held them to one TD. That adds up to 45-0 according to my fuzzy math. 

I like your math!!

Everybody thinks Elizabethton has this one in the bag, but I see the Cyclones rolling into Gray way too cocky and overconfident, overlooking a Boone team mired in mediocrity.       And for that reason alone I predict the Eliz starters will have to play more than the planned first 5 minutes as they struggle to a 34-0 halftime advantage.     After a good chewing out in the locker room Witten, in a fit of rage, sends the starters to the cow fields out back to run suicide sprints while the 2's/3's/whatever finish out the 2nd half.     ELIZ   48        BOONE  6

Cyclones - congratulations on yet another big win tonight.  We just can't keep putting the ball on the carpet and that interception didn't help either, and we have got to do a better job of tackling on that bubble screen.   I thought we could hang with you guys at the first but over time you just wore us down as you will do to every team you play this year.  We are now 2-33 against Elizabethton, maybe we will get you guys one of these days...
(Note to self:   after the game tonight cut-n-paste the above to this thread)