School systems not playing yet - what's their future?

CHARGERFAN

Shelby County Schools had protests yesterday at their facility that were conducted by players and parents. This is really a bad look by SCS, especially in light of the Big 10 conference announcing yesterday that they would now begin playing football in October. 

The worst thing is that if the school system had announced this moratorium on sports earlier, some of these student athletes might have been able to transfer to a different school and still play sports.

There are schools located in Shelby County that are playing football: Private schools like ECS, Briarcrest, Christian Brothers, MUS, etc. are playing. Also, public school systems within the county limits like Millington, Bartlett, Arlington, etc. continue to play football this year. 

SCS appears to me to have messed up these kids, with some who might have earned a college scholarship this year now missing their chance.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox17.com/amp/news/local/fox-17-news-reporter-holds-nashville-mayors-office-accountable-for-leaked-covid-19-emails

I feel sorry for the people in Nashville that this bum put out of business.  This has got to start showing people that there is more to this pandemic than just safety. Nashville mayor covers up low numbers? Why would anyone do that?

9 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Shelby County Schools had protests yesterday at their facility that were conducted by players and parents. This is really a bad look by SCS, especially in light of the Big 10 conference announcing yesterday that they would now begin playing football in October. 

The worst thing is that if the school system had announced this moratorium on sports earlier, some of these student athletes might have been able to transfer to a different school and still play sports.

There are schools located in Shelby County that are playing football: Private schools like ECS, Briarcrest, Christian Brothers, MUS, etc. are playing. Also, public school systems within the county limits like Millington, Bartlett, Arlington, etc. continue to play football this year. 

SCS appears to me to have messed up these kids, with some who might have earned a college scholarship this year now missing their chance.

They also reported if the kids tried to transfer they would be deemed in eligible per scs which I don’t know how they could make that call.

32 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

They also reported if the kids tried to transfer they would be deemed in eligible per scs which I don’t know how they could make that call.

It’s obvious it’s not about covid and more to do with SCS systems beef with the TSSAA. They’ve got to realize the rest of the state can absolutely play without them, but can they play without the rest of the state? It’s just ashamed that one mans pride can ruin something needed for so many kids.