Moore Co @ Cornersville

1 hour ago, 09Wildcat said:

From what I heard boro and Moore county had some games back in the day, I played from 2015-2018 so I have no idea how those games went, but when I played I doubt Moore could’ve competed.. lol y’all was down and we was at our best then other then the state champ team in 11

We sure did have some games. Always knew not to make plans the next day because I could hardly move. Actually was spitting up blood my Junior year over there. Y’all definitely had some good teams when you played.

14 hours ago, Oleskooly said:

Definitely were some great times. Do you remember where they picked us in the pre season rankings for conference? 

5th I believe. Lol. That's why I believe Murphy Fair is full of crap to this day. I've never bought any of his junk.

Edited by phil24

14 hours ago, 09Wildcat said:

From what I heard boro and Moore county had some games back in the day, I played from 2015-2018 so I have no idea how those games went, but when I played I doubt Moore could’ve competed.. lol y’all was down and we was at our best then other then the state champ team in 11

Moore County and Wayne County was tough back in the day. Thats back when you had to win all of your region games and you still might not make the playoffs. My Freshman year in 96, Wayne County had over 30 seniors and Moore County just had some big nasty lineman and some really good backs. Green, Steelman and Wells to name a few. Wayne County also had a Mr. Football back too. The old region 6 1-A looked like this and it was probably pound for pound the toughest region in the state no matter the class. 

Moore County

Wayne County

Collinwood

Huntland 

Cornersville 

Cascade

Mt. Pleasant 

Richland

Columbia Academy

Chapel Hill 

Edited by leadfarmer

7 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Moore County and Wayne County was tough back in the day. Thats back when you had to win all of your region games and you still might not make the playoffs. My Freshman year in 96, Wayne County had over 30 seniors and Moore County just had some big nasty lineman and some really good backs. Green, Steelman and Wells to name a few. Wayne County also had a Mr. Football back too. The old region 6 1-A looked like this and it was probably pound for pound the toughest region in the state no matter the class. 

Moore County

Wayne County

Collinwood

Huntland 

Cornersville 

Cascade

Mt. Pleasant 

Richland

Columbia Academy

Chapel Hill 

That’s back when Cascade was good.