MARSHALL COUNTY hosting Tullahoma...thoughts????

Chiledeme

On 9/5/2020 at 6:59 AM, TheCommissioner said:

Did Marshall Graduate several players or still figuring the year out or some of both? 

They did graduate a lot. They also had a ton of attitude problems last year. I’m not sure that hasn’t crept into this year too. They flat quit in the second half, but Tullahoma has a very good team. Marshall County looks like they rely on the big play on offense and just cannot grind it out like they used to do, and their defense was exhausted in the second half! Could be the worst Tiger team in many years. That said, look for a sweep from Region 4-4A over 3-4A in the first round of the playoffs, so they’ll still be good enough then to at least advance to the second round. Region 3 is not good at all.

Edited by sportsguy22

I DVR’d the game and watched it late Friday night. It appeared to me that MC is just as talented as in years past, but like @sportsguy22 mentioned above they relied on the big play and got frustrated when they weren’t able to drive it down the field. Tullahoma is very good, but the score was a little more one sided than the the talent level was on the field. MC looks to have plenty of talent. Just my two cents. 

Edited by JacketLover
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

They did graduate a lot. They also had a ton of attitude problems last year. I’m not sure that hasn’t crept into this year too. They flat quit in the second half, but Tullahoma has a very good team. Marshall County looks like they rely on the big play on offense and just cannot grind it out like they used to do, and their defense was exhausted in the second half! Could be the worst Tiger team in many years. That said, look for a sweep from Region 4-4A over 3-4A in the first round of the playoffs, so they’ll still be good enough then to at least advance to the second round. Region 3 is not good at all.

Yeah when they came out on the first play of the 2nd half and fumbled away the snap to Tullahoma it was like they weren't interested in playing anymore. I was so pissed that I turned the radio off.

Never turn the radio off leadfarmer, just find the winning team's broadcast, 93.9 The Duck.

I told y'all the Wildcats were really good. Marshall Co. had fine talent against Lincoln Co. didn't they? It is not a talent problem in Lewisburg. I agree that the Tigers will advance at least to the second round of the playoffs. Coach, get the ball to Howard 15 times a game.

The talent problem, at least for the remaining teams on their schedule, is in Tullahoma. As in lots of talent. You are wrong BooWhoWiseMan. The difference between losing 21 straight games just 4-5 years ago and starting the season outscoring your opponents 122-33 is far more than one or two players. 

It is being able to start 22 different young men on Friday nights. That's right. It takes the whole team buying into the weight room and summer conditioning to do that on the 4A level. Nine starters return on the line. 9. #TankLife

It takes a solid kicking game to be great. You can have a great kicker, but if the snap and hold is no good then usually the kick is no good. It takes swarming to the ball on defense and getting pressure on the opposing QB. Tullahoma doesn't arm tackle. They knock opponents backward.

I have yet to see a weakness in this Wildcat team. The coaching adjustments at halftime have been obvious, with Tullahoma dominating the scoreboard and the clock in the second half of all three wins. So far, the 'Cats seem to want it more than the opposition, especially after halftime.

Friday Tullahoma is at old rival Franklin County. Watch it live in Tullahoma on LightTube channel 23. Listen on 93.9 The Duck, TUA LightTube YouTube, or 939theduck.com.

26 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Never turn the radio off leadfarmer, just find the winning team's broadcast, 93.9 The Duck.

I told y'all the Wildcats were really good. Marshall Co. had fine talent against Lincoln Co. didn't they? It is not a talent problem in Lewisburg. I agree that the Tigers will advance at least to the second round of the playoffs. Coach, get the ball to Howard 15 times a game.

The talent problem, at least for the remaining teams on their schedule, is in Tullahoma. As in lots of talent. You are wrong BooWhoWiseMan. The difference between losing 21 straight games just 4-5 years ago and starting the season outscoring your opponents 122-33 is far more than one or two players. 

It is being able to start 22 different young men on Friday nights. That's right. It takes the whole team buying into the weight room and summer conditioning to do that on the 4A level. Nine starters return on the line. 9. #TankLife

It takes a solid kicking game to be great. You can have a great kicker, but if the snap and hold is no good then usually the kick is no good. It takes swarming to the ball on defense and getting pressure on the opposing QB. Tullahoma doesn't arm tackle. They knock opponents backward.

I have yet to see a weakness in this Wildcat team. The coaching adjustments at halftime have been obvious, with Tullahoma dominating the scoreboard and the clock in the second half of all three wins. So far, the 'Cats seem to want it more than the opposition, especially after halftime.

Friday Tullahoma is at old rival Franklin County. Watch it live in Tullahoma on LightTube channel 23. Listen on 93.9 The Duck, TUA LightTube YouTube, or 939theduck.com.

I was listening to you and your partner. You guys do an excellent job.