40 second play clock

LouPickney

Before the start of last season, the NFHS rules changed its play clock setup similar to more closely mirror major college football. 40 seconds from the end of a play as opposed to 25 seconds from when the ball is spotted, except after an administrative stoppage. I'm curious what you think of it that we're two weeks into year two.

Things I observed in 2019:
-Delays of game seldom happened early in the season. Even in setups where the QB had to run to the sideline every time to get the play call, it mostly wasn't a problem from what I saw.
-As the season progressed and teams became acclimated to 40 seconds, the situations where it's still a 25-second clock (e.g. following turnovers, first play after the end of a quarter) started to cause more problems. Particularly after a turnover.
-The game tilted in favor of teams that are adept at getting to the line and reading the opposing defense. Particularly after a first down: rush your team to the line to freeze the defense personnel on the field, line up and see their formation, and then get the offensive play call from the sideline.
-Stalling tactics can be very effective at limiting the total number of snaps in a game. Another advantage to the rush-to-the-line and wait setup: it can chew up a lot of time in the process.

I'm not sure if having a visible-to-all play clock is a requirement. Didn't see one at the JP2/Smyrna game. Nothing unfair about it inherently since it's the same for both sides, just interesting considering how important clock management can be, especially with the current rules.

Thoughts?