Week 3 Bearden @ D-B

TribalEmpire

6 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I agree this should be a DB win. But. As a long time DB fan I've seen some crazy upsets by team's that DB should of put away by halftime. Most of them right there at J. Fred.  And I remember reading post like I'm reading now on CoachT before those games to. You have to stay in the right frame of mind for every game with no let up. Bearden does have some advantages. They've scouted DB so they have info. They'll be practicing against that info all week. DB has no info to practice against. DB hasn't looked very sharp in the passing game so far. I'd look for Bearden to really stack the line and try and make DB throw. If they don't fix that passing game this week that could be a problem Friday night. Then there's that penalty problem. You can go ahead and mark down close to 100 yrds. in penalties. 

Waco you are right.  DB is a team that needs to focus one game at a time.  Every time they begin to get the big head, they become undisciplined and make sophomoric mistakes.  Take care of the little things and the big things will come.

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Waco you are right.  DB is a team that needs to focus one game at a time.  Every time they begin to get the big head, they become undisciplined and make sophomoric mistakes.  Take care of the little things and the big things will come.

I will say I haven't seen DB come into a game with the "Big Head" yet under Christian. With the exception of maybe the Science Hill game last year. But DB being undisciplined doesn't just happen in big games or because of the "Big Head". It happens in all their games. It's just not as illuminated in the games they win by 40. Can't blame it on the players. Bad coaching in the little leagues and middle schools. 

You DB fans are probably right to be gun-shy about a guaranteed win, I have seen the same things happen to Boone over the years.    But there is just no way DB loses this one, not with 2 games already played and zero for Bearden, plus Bearden would have had little or no scrimmages either I would presume.     Now if instead of Bearden it was one of those Blount Co teams then yeah you might have a lot of legitimate concern.    Hey Bearden fans, no offense with these comments, if it was reversed and this was DB's first game I would say that Bearden has a huge advantage.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You DB fans are probably right to be gun-shy about a guaranteed win, I have seen the same things happen to Boone over the years.    But there is just no way DB loses this one, not with 2 games already played and zero for Bearden, plus Bearden would have had little or no scrimmages either I would presume.     Now if instead of Bearden it was one of those Blount Co teams then yeah you might have a lot of legitimate concern.    Hey Bearden fans, no offense with these comments, if it was reversed and this was DB's first game I would say that Bearden has a huge advantage.

I said the same about Greeneville last week but there are teams that have came out and put the smack down with that disavantage.If I seen it correctly,West put it on Farragut pretty good after Farragut had a win and West had the Covid win to open up.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I will say I haven't seen DB come into a game with the "Big Head" yet under Christian. With the exception of maybe the Science Hill game last year. But DB being undisciplined doesn't just happen in big games or because of the "Big Head". It happens in all their games. It's just not as illuminated in the games they win by 40. Can't blame it on the players. Bad coaching in the little leagues and middle schools. 

A lot of times in the past,people will see the posters on coacht talking trash,gosh knows my old school has some of the biggest talkers on the "T" down in G-town. If the Tribe were to roll into the playoffs undefeated this year and that would mean beating Alcoa to finish the regular season.Folks on coacht and around town will most certainly think it's the team that has a big head.There are several past playoff games that should always keep the team if not the fans humble. As to a few fans ,you can forget it if they got past Maryville. It would be Oakland who ? Heck, I might have to rewatch the McMinn game myself before the semi round if that ever happens.

Who knows how the season works out? Nobody. But i do know this team is not any other team in the past, so making assumptions about them, based on what you think happened in years past is a mistake made. 

The co-tailback/linebacker (#2) who has been held out of the 1st 2 games is 100% and starting at LB against Bearden. That will make the defense better than it was without him, for sure. He will also play some tailback and that will give #4 (400yds rushing/2 games) a few plays to rest....something he has not done so far. That will make the offense better than it has been. 

Being this is a region 1 6A game, the Indians will not be taking anything for granted.  With open date to follow. The schedule is set up for a great run to be ready for the playoffs as it gets a little harder week after week. 

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

Who knows how the season works out? Nobody. But i do know this team is not any other team in the past, so making assumptions about them, based on what you think happened in years past is a mistake made. 

The co-tailback/linebacker (#2) who has been held out of the 1st 2 games is 100% and starting at LB against Bearden. That will make the defense better than it was without him, for sure. He will also play some tailback and that will give #4 (400yds rushing/2 games) a few plays to rest....something he has not done so far. That will make the offense better than it has been. 

Being this is a region 1 6A game, the Indians will not be taking anything for granted.  With open date to follow. The schedule is set up for a great run to be ready for the playoffs as it gets a little harder week after week. 

I'm thinking Hardin Valley will be a cakewalk (next game after Bearden).  HVA lost to Oak Ridge by 40.

I hope this team is the best since DB was in the semi's one year and probably wins it all 9 out of 10 but that was number 10 .I try to count nothing before it's over and know it's darn hard when there is an awesome DB team.Oak ridge has a really good team if they catch the ball ,maybe thats what they done against HVA .Maybe HVA is just bad.One thing is for sure,every week DB must get better and play a cleaner game if they are going to win the biggest games.Every coach knows you have to coach your best and every player play their best with zero room for 90 yards of penalties or turnovers against the final three you have to beat.I've seen many perfect DB teams that were highly rated. In that video I posted of DB vs OR,DB was number 1 in the state that year and went undefeated during the season.That OR team was loaded with talent and much bigger then probably any team DB may see this whole year.DB rolled that night and looked like nobody would touch them and we all were feeling really good. Then,lost to a 6-4 team they should have beaten by atleast 35 points in round one. The team needs to be confident and will be if they roll every week, but never count your chickens when the playoffs get here. Roll Tribe.  

Edited by BatmanDB

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I would never guarantee a win over any team.   ....well maybe South

I know a couple of years { 2006 and 2009 }  South had such good teams that everyone within a hundred miles that owned a jacked up pickup with a rebel flag sticking out of the back must have been at those games.Two of the biggest crowds before halftime that I ever seen at J Fred in 2006 or at South in 2009.