Region 5AA 2020

ddaddy

There hasn't been much talk about region 5AA and with the region schedule starting this week I thought I'd see what everyone thinks.

The biggest game is Eagleville at Forrest - this has played a big role in the region standings the last few years and this year won't be different. EV looks to break an 0-2 start while Forrest is trying to get back on the winning track after winning their first game against E Robertson then loosing to Portland.  Being a home game for Forrest could be the edge that they need to win a close one. Ever who comes out of this one on top should have an edge in moving up the regional standings at the end of the year.

Community (0-2) at Lewis Co. - This will either be a run away or a very emotionless, sloppy game. Either way LC should come out on top and move to 3-0 and Community is probably headed for a winless year unless they can slip up on Cannon Co or McEwen.

Loretto is 1-1 and has a bye this week before meeting up with Collinwood in 2 weeks. The jury is still out on Loretto after a 7-0 win against Wayne Co then getting blown our in a high scoring game against in county rival Lawrence Co.

Summertown is off to a 2-0 start and has their 3rd of 4 in a roll against 1A teams with Collinwood and Richland. They should easily be 4-0 with their match up with Lewis Co in week 5. Momentum is a powerful weapon and S'town should gain a lot more of that in the next few weeks.    

This is Lewis' region to lose. Summertown Lewis will be a good game and it's at Summertown I believe. Actually Summertown might be in the driver's seat. 

Community might have their worst year ever. I'm not sure they will have a program after this year. I feel bad for their families. They are strong in basketball and pretty good in baseball and soccer. 

Forrest must win if they want a postseason. Period.  

Loretto is a wild card. I think they will be improved. Can they hang with the upper 2-3 teams? Remains to be seen.

Thanks for starting this.  

42 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

This is Lewis' region to lose. Summertown Lewis will be a good game and it's at Summertown I believe. Actually Summertown might be in the driver's seat. 

Community might have their worst year ever. I'm not sure they will have a program after this year. I feel bad for their families. They are strong in basketball and pretty good in baseball and soccer. 

Forrest must win if they want a postseason. Period.  

Loretto is a wild card. I think they will be improved. Can they hang with the upper 2-3 teams? Remains to be seen.

Thanks for starting this.  

You think maybe they need a coach that can pull those athletes from the other sports at their school ? I know that’s how a lot of these programs are successful.

7 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Summertown won’t sneak up on LC this year. I didn’t make any excuses last year, but LC played a very uninspired game and ST played great. If ST beats LC they will beat LC best.

What do you think about the Lewis team this year compared to last year? Also I would like to ask you the same question about Riverside.

This LC team has more playmakers on offense than last year. The defense is more sound especially in the secondary. The ceiling is higher and if this team stays focus they will be better than last year. RS is better than game one in 2019, but not as good as the playoff team at the end of last year. If they continue to improve they will be at least as good as 2019. 

On 9/1/2020 at 5:29 PM, vandyfan1 said:

1. Summertown 

2. Lewis

3. Eagleville

4. Forrest 

This is what I said before season started and I’m sticking with it.

Throw this one out. Eagleville is now 0-3 with a very bad loss to Cornersville, a very ugly game with Forrest and getting blitzed by Huntland in the 2nd half. 

1. Lewis
2. Summertown
3. Loretto
4. Forrest

I have Loretto 3rd because they can score some points. And did it against a 4A school. They are vstly improved and might jsut be the most improved team in the entire region. To beat Forrest, play the run all night. Stack the box and shut it down.