Region 5AA 2020

ddaddy

Just now, Vandychris said:

Throw this one out. Eagleville is now 0-3 with a very bad loss to Cornersville, a very ugly game with Forrest and getting blitzed by Huntland in the 2nd half. 

1. Lewis
2. Summertown
3. Loretto
4. Forrest

I have Loretto 3rd because they can score some points. And did it against a 4A school. They are vstly improved and might jsut be the most improved team in the entire region. To beat Forrest, play the run all night. Stack the box and shut it down. 

I would put Forrest at that 3 spot 

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

I would put Forrest at that 3 spot 

Im not so sure. I think they can score on Forrest while Im not so sure Forrest can score on them. Forrest really struggles offensively. If you stack the box on them and shoot the gaps, they have no threat passing from what I have listened to. I think Loretto is actually the better team at this point.

9 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Throw this one out. Eagleville is now 0-3 with a very bad loss to Cornersville, a very ugly game with Forrest and getting blitzed by Huntland in the 2nd half. 

1. Lewis
2. Summertown
3. Loretto
4. Forrest

I have Loretto 3rd because they can score some points. And did it against a 4A school. They are vstly improved and might jsut be the most improved team in the entire region. To beat Forrest, play the run all night. Stack the box and shut it down. 

You listened huh. Forrest boatraced Lawrence last year. We will see how improved they are. We've owned Loretto also. I'll give Loretto credit for being physical but they are undisciplined until they prove otherwise. Keep "listening" tho. Forresdt dominated a real 4A school this year for a half and then shot themselves in the foot. I'm looking forward to this Loretto game now. You are 0-3 against us since we've both been in R5.   

Last weeks games gave us some indication on how some teams are trending.

2-1 Forrest had the biggest win in the region in defeating Eagleville in a very tight game. The win gives Forrest a leg up in the playoff race and maybe some momentum as they host a red-hot Moore Co. This game is a tossup and it will come down to Forrest's defense. If they can hold MC's offense in check this will be their game to win. Look for things to begin to clear up in the region next week when Forrest travels to Loretto.

0-3 Eagleville will get in the win column this week as they play a very weak Picket Co team. May this will bring back some confidence that EV must be lacking in being winless.

2-1 Loretto is coming off a lost to rival Lawrence Co and a forfeit from C'wood to move to 2-1. Loretto is still a mystery, do they have a good defense in holding Wayne Co scoreless and is their offense on the rise after scoring 38 in a blowout loss to LC. Not playing a game since Aug 27th cannot be good for the Mustangs.

3-0 Summertown may be the cream of the crop in region 5AA and will play their 3rd 1A in Richland. Richland is coming off a win over Mt Pleasant 14-7, which ST beat in week one 13-12. If Summertown is to prove that they belong at the top of the Region they cannot afford a slip up this week. ST should win, but this could be a close game.

0-3 Community - There is no other way to say this, Community is a bad team. The greatest for chance for Community to win a game this year could be this week against Cannon Co.  Community only dressed 21 players on Friday so depth could continue to play a major role in their chances to be competitive. Hopefully, they can finish the season.

3-0 Lewis Co had its second sleeper game in a row from their second bad opponent. E. Robertson is this week’s opponent and could be LC's biggest challenge of the year. Both LC and Summertown must stay focused and not look toward their match up next week or either team could get upset this week. The long road trip favors ER, but if LC takes care of business they should come out on top. I don't look for a blow out in this one.

31 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

If LC struggles with EC then they are not as far out in front of R5 as I thought. 

Same with Summertown. They need to beat Richland by 3 scores. 

Loretto is off this week?

Forrest either turns a corner heading into the Region schedule, or shows that they are an average team. 

I'm not sure how good LC is at this time. Still playing a lot of young players, but so far they have show a lot of aggression and fight. Loretto has kind of an odd situation with their schedule. It seems that their last game was on the 27th against Lawrence, last week (5th) they had a bye and this week they have a Collinwood forfeit with Forrest coming to Loretto on the 18th.

I may be dead wrong but I do not look for Moore Co and Forrest to be close. My gut is telling me Moore Co wins by 2-3 scores. That offense is playing at an elite level. Forrest has struggled to score this year. The score against EV was very misleading. it was 10-7 with under 4 to play. Defense got a safety on a 20 yard loss from a guy running the wrong way and then offense put it in from a short yardage situation. I dont see anyway they keep up with MC on the scoreboard.

58 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

I may be dead wrong but I do not look for Moore Co and Forrest to be close. My gut is telling me Moore Co wins by 2-3 scores. That offense is playing at an elite level. Forrest has struggled to score this year. The score against EV was very misleading. it was 10-7 with under 4 to play. Defense got a safety on a 20 yard loss from a guy running the wrong way and then offense put it in from a short yardage situation. I dont see anyway they keep up with MC on the scoreboard.

:popcorneater: